Had my 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341

Just an update, had my 341 last week and all went well. They asked basic questions and it was done in about 10 minutes. The trustee asked my husband first, then when he got to me he said, if I asked you the same questions I asked your husband would the anwers be the same? I answered yes. Here were some of the questions: (not word for word LOL)

Did you read the trustee statement page?
    Is the BK forms filled out with correct information?
    How long have you lived at current address?
    Where do you work?
    Do you have any obligations to pay anyone? (child support etc...)
    Do you expect any settlements, inheritances etc...?
    Do you have any dependents?

The only thing he asked me seperately was about my business and that was

Do you own this business?
    Does the business have any debt?
    How much did you make so far this year?

He thanked us and said have a nice day, went pretty quick, about 7-10 minutes maybe.

The next day on pacer, there was a entry from the trustee basically saying that his job was done and he found no assets etc... now to wait for discharge.

There were a few cases before us that had some issues so I was a little nervous. With one lady he was questioning how she could afford a $300k house and a $900 a month payment on a mercedez benz when she only made $28k last year. She had a hard time answering questions, she had her mother and a toddler there that was a little whiney. She said her mother was helping her with the payment. I think she was continued to the end of December. Then her mother went up, so I assume she was filing as well, they went through all the same questions with her. He was questioning her because she could not say who she worked for, she said health care, and he said "for who" and she said private health care, again he said for who, and she could only come up with "I dont know, I have only been working there a couple of months". It was pretty hard to watch, the lady was foreign and I don't think she understood him. He then was asking her how she could have helped her daughter witht he house and car since she only claimed making $5k last year on her taxes. She got continued as well to the end of December.

congrats on surviving your 341 mskal - onward to discharge

Ouch for that woman and her mother.... I'm surprised their attorney didnt jump in and say something.

Comment

...boy watching someone go into the blender sure makes you grateful you passed w/ flying colors!

Congratulations mrskal !!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341!
        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X