1 day late on house payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 day late on house payment?

I was discharged in Oct with no reaffirmation on our house. We are current. My question is, if I'm a day or 2 late on my house payment, can anything negative come of this since the loan is BK'd, or will nothing happen as long as I make my payment before the month is up? My payment is due on the 1st of Dec, but I get paid on the 2nd of Dec and I'm just curious if it wuould be ok to make the payment on the 2nd? Thanks

Originally posted by telco95 View Post
    I was discharged in Oct with no reaffirmation on our house. We are current. My question is, if I'm a day or 2 late on my house payment, can anything negative come of this since the loan is BK'd, or will nothing happen as long as I make my payment before the month is up? My payment is due on the 1st of Dec, but I get paid on the 2nd of Dec and I'm just curious if it wuould be ok to make the payment on the 2nd? Thanks
    I am in a chapter 13, and have been late well over 30 days, and nothing happened.

Now, I am caught up.

Really don't think anything can happen if you are a day or 2 late. Just call your lender and tell them you are going to be a little late. You should be fine. Never be afraid to call your lender. They are not the enemy.

If you are late, it will go on the credit report (usually if you are 30 days late).

Comment

As long as you don't stop making payments altogether you will be just fine. I believe most will not even initiate foreclosure proceedings until at least 60 days past due.

Comment

i would think your grace period woulf stay apply to your loan

Comment

Hi telco,

I agree w/ espo, the only one who can give you the correct answer is your lender. Give them a call.

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I agree with Tom. Not every lender has a grace period.
            I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
            Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

For all "practical" purposes, IMO of course, the banks won't even notice until you are at least 30days late...

Comment

Ok, I appreciate you replys. I have Wells Fargo has my mortagage and the grace period is 15days. Before I filed BK, I use to always pay on the 15th. Since I filed I have been paying on the 1st. I guess I need to call WF.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X