Could Cap One come after me for ex's debt - I am NOT on the loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Cap One come after me for ex's debt - I am NOT on the loan

Quick question - my idiot ex went out and bought himself an $800/month car after we separated 6 years ago. Of course he struggled to pay for it, especially when he lost his job 3 years ago. The car got repoed a year ago.

I am not on the loan (didn't know about the purchase until he quit paying for my mommyvan and I went to his work to confront him and saw the new ridiculous red car in his parking spot, whole 'nother story there!) but I need to know:

Should I list Cap One as a possible creditor? They are after him for $10K (interest) and I sure do not want to get sued by them eventually just because he bought that stupid car while we were technically still married.
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

I don't see how you could be liable but, it can't hurt to list Cap 1. List anyone who could conceviably have a claim.
    Run this by your lawyer but, you could schedule it as disputed with the balance unknown.

Comment

Hi chicagoannie,

I used keepmines approach, listed everyone and the kitchen sink....better safe than sorry.

Hope he comes to his senses and starts paying for the mommy van again!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X