Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaiting closure, but for how long?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how long would take the trustee to close a case with assets. If the trustee has been paid in full, ($3,500) how long for him to do the distributions to creditors if any?

My case was discharge on 1/19/06 and when I check pacer the status is awaiting for close. I don't feel comfortable with my case open. I mean I have nothing to hide, don't get me wrong. Is that I really would like this behind me for good.

I would like to move on with my life without haven't to deal with this anymore. I'm in the process of cleaning off my credit and change my life to another direction without having to deal with this bk anymore.

If anyone that has bk 7 with small assets like mine can step in and let me know or anyone who know something please step in. I hope the trustee doesn't take a whole frigging year to close my case. I know, I apologize for venting like this is the this is so upsetting.

For what I have read here discharge doesn't mean nothing if your case is not close. I don't want to feel like I'm being watch or something. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this. Any info please be my guess!!!!

Thank you,

Filed on: 9-21-05
    341 Meeting: 10-25-05
    Discharged: 1-19-06

Awaiting closing

Your case can stay open for a year. Most people get theirs closed sooner. As long as you're discharged then keep your head up.

Comment

PATIENCE, PATIENCE!!
      All good things come in time, one of the other things we all have in common besides lack of money and credit issues is the wait. Shouldn't be much longer now but different districts do things differently. You have most of the hurdles behind you. Chin Up!!!
      I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

Hello,

Just read your post and was wondering what the final closure date was for your case....I have been waiting 115 days since the trustee filed his final report, so I understand how you feel...

Comment

2006??? Seriously??! That is very abnormal. Were you involved in a lawsuit of some kind? I've never heard of closing taking that long. Have you contacted your lawyer? It may have been an administrative oversight. It's possible your trustee never closed it and isn't even aware that it's still open (and they get in big trouble for that)!

Comment

Originally posted by Help! View Post
            2006??? Seriously??! That is very abnormal. Were you involved in a lawsuit of some kind? I've never heard of closing taking that long. Have you contacted your lawyer? It may have been an administrative oversight. It's possible your trustee never closed it and isn't even aware that it's still open (and they get in big trouble for that)!

This thread is from 2006.

Comment

Hello, what date did your case finally close?

Comment

My case is also open. Discharged in 2008 and going on 260 days and no sign of closing. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Wow...is you case a straight forward no asset case? I am now at 130 days awaiting closure.

Comment

Originally posted by A007guy View Post
                    Wow...is you case a straight forward no asset case? I am now at 130 days awaiting closure.
                    Mine is 332 days and no closure yet

BUT I just looked at pacer yesterday and saw that the Trustee had filed a 'sell at auction' on my "$200.00 non exempt books/pictures" which I had to send him a cheque for. He has given my creditors 22 days to bid more on them (ha ha) and then Im hoping he will do the distribution and close me as thats the ONLY asset there was in my case (well except for my 2008 stimulus package of $900 which Im hoping he will return to me as my entire tax return was Earned Income Credit, which is exempt). My attorney had called his office a couple of weeks ago and was told that my estate was 'paid in full' so... now its just a matter of waiting for the closure so Im done-done.

Comment

Closure in asset case

Wow 322 days. I am afraid that will happen to me but I hope not!
                      I still don't even know how much money the trustee wants from me. My discharge was on 5/18. The paralegal at my lawyer's office says they told her they are still going over everything. I can't imagine what all there is to go over but obviously I am a small fish, not their top priority. I just wish I knew so that I can start to figure out my new budget.
                      Filed Chap. 7 1/11/09
                      341 2/14/09; later declared asset case
                      Discharged 5/18/09
                      Asset case - still no payment plan proposed

Comment

I filed in 10/07, was discharged in 1/08, completed all buy back payments in 12/08 (3,000.00)and am still awaiting to close. I'm in Florida...perhaps that's the delay, but I too, am uneasy about not having the final "CLOSURE" that I need to put this all behind me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X