reaffirming mortgage .... Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reaffirming mortgage .... Help !

I wanted to know if i do not reaffirm does my principle still go down? Can I still write-off on interest on my taxes ? What about upgrades for write-offs ? I do not car about it being on my credit. I just want the principle to go down and still have the write-off. Thanks for any and all who answer this question.
    Chapter 7 - Filed 11/28/2010 <> 341 Meeting - Done 12/28/2010 <><> Report of No Distribution 12/28/2010 <><><> 60 Day Club <><><><>Discharged 3/1/2011<>>

Yes, principal still goes down, and if you keep plugging away, one day you will own it outright. You're still the owner and still paying mortgage interest so you still get to itemize. The only thing you don't get is sued if you default later.
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Debee is correct. You have nothing to lose by NOT reaffirming. Some banks still report that you're paying as agreed to the credit agencies once the BK is a closed case and debts are discharged.
      My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

Originally posted by BKHELP138 View Post
        What about upgrades for write-offs ?
        What does this mean?
        Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
        Attended 341 September 2010
        Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

never mind that i was thinking and typing ...
          Chapter 7 - Filed 11/28/2010 <> 341 Meeting - Done 12/28/2010 <><> Report of No Distribution 12/28/2010 <><><> 60 Day Club <><><><>Discharged 3/1/2011<>>

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X