top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I find a job before ch 7 discharge can the trustee or creditor take wages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Just wanted to reassure folks, the deadline for creditor objections stays at 60 days, even if the discharge trails behind a bit....

....or trails 32 days like ours did.

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I asked my attorney this question a few weeks ago and he told me that my particular district is not interested in what I do after my 341, only 6 months before the date of filing. He said they will not go looking for it, and essentially are done with me. Good luck to you and everyone with employment issues. I haven't found a job yet either.
      Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
        I asked my attorney this question a few weeks ago and he told me that my particular district is not interested in what I do after my 341, only 6 months before the date of filing. He said they will not go looking for it, and essentially are done with me. Good luck to you and everyone with employment issues. I haven't found a job yet either.
        I get paranoid about that too. I haven't made any changes like change ss, DL, checking accts, wills. after we got married a few weeks ago. Worried they will come looking for me. Whoever "they are"
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
          I really believe you're discharged unless you had sime glitches like an objection. Did you?
          If there were any objections my lawyer would have notified me. I had a really simple, straight forward case.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
            I get paranoid about that too. I haven't made any changes like change ss, DL, checking accts, wills. after we got married a few weeks ago. Worried they will come looking for me. Whoever "they are"
            I know it's like we are Agent Mulner and this is the X-Files. "Scully, I know they will come looking for me, whoever, or whatever they are!!!"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X