Discharged but a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged but a question

So I saw on pacer today I was discharged! Yeah, done but I had a question. I know, ask my lawyer but he is away right now. How do I know which debt was discharged? Like in pacer is there something that confirms which debt was discharged or do I just assume that everything I listed is done? I ask because we listed a business card we opened so we would not be held personally responsible. The company and court saw the card as a personal debt to be discharged and I wanted to confirm this was discharged. Any document I can see?

As long as they were on your credit matrix (and even in some cases the creditor doesn't have to be on the credit matrix) they're discharged. Stop sweatin'. LOL. You discharged folks get so giddy - I mean I'm a discharged folk too. I was giddy.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

With the exception of reaffirmations, any debt you've had at the time of filing should be discharged. This will be outlined in Schedules D, E and F in your petition as all debt at the time of filing were to be included. If you find out later that you forgot a creditor, then show them a copy of your discharge.

One word of advice, once you get a copy of the discharge keep it safe place, forever.
      Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
      Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

If you forgot someone (I am 99.999% sure I didnt) show them the discharge in hopes they go away? If they were not included, they would not be discharged though correct?

Comment

I was looking at my matrix and ODR (oregon department of revenue) and the IRS were on the list. I didn't have them listed for my atty and don't owe anything to either of them.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by rck3 View Post
            If you forgot someone (I am 99.999% sure I didnt) show them the discharge in hopes they go away? If they were not included, they would not be discharged though correct?
            Actually, in a no-asset Chapter 7, they are usually considered discharged. Reason being that if you had no assets to distribute, even if they'd been listed, there would have been nothing for them to gain, so they have lost nothing by being left off the schedules.
            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Nice splanation free.
              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X