Homeowner's Insurance - The Nerve of Allstate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeowner's Insurance - The Nerve of Allstate

My house was IIB. Allstate wants me to pay all of the homeowner's insurance upfront (no more monthly payments). Is this normal? So far I've continued to pay monthly and the policy has not been cancelled.
    Last edited by drowning123; 12-07-2010, 02:21 PM.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Hi drowning,

I have had some 'interesting' business with Allstate....came down to my brothers Eds law: never attribute to malice things adequately explained by incompetence

There are plenty of fish in the insurance sea....I like to use a local independent agent, they know a lot of companies to shop around. After the Allstate debacle they set me up with some company out of Ohio that I had never heard of...better coverage, better price too.

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks, Tom. Will look into switching. I'm just trying to continue paying the insurance to cover my butt in case someone gets hurt on the property even though I didn't reaffirm and haven't paid on it since April. I still live there, though. Shame on me, though. I haven't saved any money yet. Something always came up - either car repairs or the utilities, plus I had to pay my lawyer, etc. Anyway, I'll buckle down this month.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X