New Job after 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job after 341

I filed and had the 341 meeting. The trustee sent an appraiser to my home because I have assets and I guess she thougnt I undervalued them.
    That was maybe 3 weeks ago. I havent heard anything back yet.
    I got a blessing and finally got a new job after a year.
    The pay is around 70k.
    Do I need to call the trustee?
    Any recommendations are appriciated. I dont know what to do.

I can't help you with the new job as I just don't know the answer to that one. As for the appraisal, watch pacer...you'll see a notice of assets sent to the creditors with a time limit to file claims, and the appraiser will be added as a party to your case. The second is a formality so the appraiser can get paid.

Unless the trustee objects to your exemptions you won't get a copy of the appraisal and I don't think it gets posted on pacer either.

Comment

Thanks for that info.
      I am just searching for the best direction to take

Comment

As I understand it, IF you got the job after the 341 AND you didn't have any expectations that it was coming before hand you're ok. BUT I'd check with an attorney just to make sure. From what I've read here the appraiser thing is pretty common in Florida and since it appears to be one of the tougher districts around, who knows for sure how they'd look at your new job-congrats on the job but see an attorney for advice

Comment

Thanks.
          I am grateful for the job.

Comment

No, Trustee doesn't need to know squat.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Congrats on your new job!
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

congrats on the new job. I posted a similar thread asking if the trustees or creditors could modify my chapter 7 or take away wages if I get a job after the 341 but before discharge. Everyone seems to be under the opinion that they can't. Just don't bring it up either.

Comment

Hi bbmrtn07,

Since you didn't know you were getting the job, and you didn't plan your BK around the job, you are OK

I agree w/ drowning, less said the better.

Tom in Colo
                  Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks to all

Comment

Congrats on the job. You should be good to go, here was no intent prior to filing. Only disclose if specifically asked!
                      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X