PACER - how to peek at case for free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PACER - how to peek at case for free?

Hi everyone. I cannot find the thread that gave instructions on how to peek at one's case in PACER to see if anything has been updated without incurring any charges.

Someone posted here exactly how to do this and I have searched and searched for the thread without success. Can someone assist me? Thank you!
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

P.S. The "little cactus-looking things" are baby hedgehogs - cute, aren't they?!
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

Hi chicagoannie,

PACER ==> Case Locator ==> find your case, click on it ==> run 'docket report'

Works for me, no charges so far...

I want a hedgehog!!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hi chicagoannie,

PACER ==> Case Locator ==> find your case, click on it ==> run 'docket report'

I'm not sure that this is correct, but I could be confused/wrong.

From what I see, if I run the docket report, I get charged for the report every time I run it.

So instead I run a "query" on my bk #, then I look at the information in the center top of the page returned by the query, which is free.

The first two lines returned in the query page has stuff in it like my name, docket#, the name of the Judge.

The next line down has "Date filed:" with the date the bk was filed with the court. And next to that it says "Date of last filing:" with another date.

As I understand it, that date of last filing tells me if the report has been updated/changed, and when. As long as the date is the same as the last time I looked, then there is no new info yet filed, and I don't need to waste any $ on running the docket report.

But if I run the report - even if it hasn't been changed since the last time I ran it - I get charged 8 cents per page (or whatever the charge is).
        Well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.

Comment

There is a website you can view just like Pacer but you agree to let them have access to it and others can view it also. Not sure if its good for all BKs or what ... Google will find it
          Chapter 7 - Filed 11/28/2010 <> 341 Meeting - Done 12/28/2010 <><> Report of No Distribution 12/28/2010 <><><> 60 Day Club <><><><>Discharged 3/1/2011<>>

Comment

I accumulated a total of $0.32 of charges on PACER. I wonder if they'll actually bill my debit card.

-Rich
            Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
            Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Rich...
              You won't get a debit charge unless you go over the $10.00 point per quarter. Right now it's Oct-Dec. I made it thru to Discharge and Closing with $6.16 so I won't be billed for anything.

I like your society.
              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
                P.S. The "little cactus-looking things" are baby hedgehogs - cute, aren't they?!
                I've been trying to figure out what those were for quite a while.
                Thanks annie for clearing that up for me.
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

http://http://www.bkforum.com/showth...Guide-amp-Tips
                  11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Close but not quite the right link...
                    The-Ultimate-PACER-Guide BKFORUM
                    Filed Pro-Se 8/19/2010 - 341 Meeting 9/20/2010 - Notice of no distribution 9/22/2010
                    12/06/2010 !!

Comment

Originally posted by bkDude View Post
                      Close but not quite the right link...
                      The-Ultimate-PACER-Guide BKFORUM
                      What a knuckle head!
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X