Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case # - Pacer?

me again
    My attorney said on Monday that I will be filed by the end of the week, so I went ahead and got set up on Pacer so I could start obsessing about my case. I waited until today to see if I could find anything, did a search by my social, and nothing there.
    Should my attorney let me know my case # once it's officially with the courts?
    Would it be on pacer that quickly?

Thanks

Absolutely your attorney should give you your case number immediately!
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

hmmm, I guess I will be patient even though they told me by the end of the week! They have until Monday afternoon. lol

Comment

Hi jlynn,

Some courts seem to update PACER immediately, some courts seem to lag behind a few days

Don't worry your chance to obsess over your case is near!

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks Tom!!
          I got my file number and found us on Pacer. It can't be normal that I am excited, can it? lol
          I am trying to find info on what flags mean...just have this:
          Flags: DebtEd, DebtEdJT
          Looks like it might be something about the debt classes, possibly? I took the first one, submitted the certificate and now just need to take the 2nd (before 341, right?).
          Says we are no asset, but doesn't say anything about the means test. It's probably too early, eh?

My 341 is set for January 20th at 2pm. OMG

Comment

You won't see much more than the dates and the documents filed. Don't go racking up a big bill to review documents you already gave to your attorney. Yes, DebtEd and DebtEdJT have to do with your classes. Make sure that your attorney submitted the DebtEd. If there's a date next to it, that means it was received by the court. You can take the second on the day of the 341 or after. You have 45 days after the 341 to get it done.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Hi again jlynn,

The PACER flag that means you passed the means-test will be MEANSNO ...kinda counterintuitive but it means "No presumption of abuse"

The 2nd class you take can be up to 45 days after the 341, don't want to cut it too close b/c the cert. needs to be filed w/ the court.

Heres to a smooth ride!!

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

They just changed the timeframe for the second class to 60 days. It's little known because it only went into effect on December 1st. FRBP 1007.
                There are two secrets for success in life:
                1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

thank you thank you!
                  I will take the class after the holidays, but before the 341...I'm a little nuts like that

Comment

Don't take the second class before the 341.

Comment

Oh??? Why is that? My attorney letter about creditor meeting says to take 2nd course...I'll have to ask her I guess.

Comment

Response from attorney's office:
                        "She prefers that you take it before you go to the meeting. That way you are finished with your obligations to the court regarding the classes".

Comment

I took my second class the day after i filed.
                          My atty also wanted it to be finished b4 the 341.
                          That way it was ALL done and in trustees file . It also gave me one less thing to stress about leading up to the 341.
                          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I just like to pace myself.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                              Hey, whatever floats your boat. I just like to pace myself.
                              oh ok, thought you knew something I didn't know. I like to get er all done and then sit back and wait....and pray.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X