Filing on Tuesday!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing on Tuesday!!!

I'm so relieved I can hardly stand it. Even after waiting months, we were STILL over the median, and I was so scared my attorney was going to say "no go." Turned in all our paperwork a week ago, last minute stuff yesterday, and she called several times yesterday clarifying stuff which had me scared to death! But have heard nothing from her today, so I'm assuming that means we look good to go. Needed $1100 to finish paying her so we could file and was waiting on my husband's paycheck to come in so we could go. It varies ever pay period so wasn't sure what he was going to get --- can you believe it -- it was $1098!! Kinda a sign that it's time to go, I thought anyway! Withdrew the money today, leaving a balance of $7 in our account but after Tuesday, it can only go uphill from here. I'm so glad these last few years of stress and worry are almost over! I've seen so many say they only wish they had done it sooner, and count me in to that bunch too!! Paying back on a 401-K loan now that I should NEVER have made, but I was desperate to keep my house. I've learned that no house is going to help you sleep at night if you're killing yourself to keep it. It breaks my heart to let it go since we worked so hard on it, but it would hurt worse to keep living the way we were in order to pay for it! I know I will bawl my eyes out the day we leave this house for the last time, but I'm looking forward to our new future and being debt-free for the first time in 25 years!
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Pretty much did the same thing with my home, breaks your heart with all the money sweat and tears it took to get it....Im over it now and i have moved on with a new view on what is really important with me being on the top of the list and living debt free second on list...Good luck with you quest it will all work out.
    Last edited by jmac; 12-10-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks!! I'm eager to get started as I almost HATE living in this house right now. I designed it myself, built it ourselves, and swore it would be the house my children grew up in and I would retire in. Never planned to move again -- but after two job losses, your priorities change. It kills me when I think about someone else living in my dream -- but other than being in the "perfect house," the rest of our lives pretty much stunk because we couldn't afford to do anything else! I will NEVER get myself in this situation again! I'm so ready to be able to enjoy life again.
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X