Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for the Bartender. . . .

Hi Everyone,

My 341 is scheduled for Monday, and I'm quite scared and stressed about it. Looking for positive thoughts and vibes from my friends here on the Forum, and also looking for the bartender. I have found that both entities seem to be the only thing that gets me through these nerve wracking moments. Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Relax. It'll be fine. Just don't be hungover...save that for Tuesday morning after celebrating how smoothly your meeting went

Comment

Sit silently and respectfully while waiting for your case to come up.

Answer the questions plainly and briefly, and don't answer questions that weren't asked.

Dress in a respectful, but not lavish manner.

Don't call the trustee "Your Honor." He or she is not a judge. "Sir" or "Ma'am" will suffice quite nicely.

If you start to feel queasy or shaky, just take a few deep breaths and say, "Excuse me, sir (or ma'am). This is difficult for me and I'm a little nervous."

You'll do fine. This isn't the Spanish Inquisition. There's no rack hidden in a dungeon off the courtroom. So relax.

-Rich
      Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
      Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Clevelandmom, my 341 is on Wednesday. I'm not getting too nervous yet, but expect those nerves to kick in by Monday. As for the bartender, if you find him/her, I'll take a Bailey's please - such a nice holiday treat!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

I worried for weeks. When I went I was about 1/2hr early and saw about 12 cases before mine. There really is not anything to worry about its over quicker than finding a parking spot. Even the difficult cases I saw, it was not aggressive in any way.
          Retained Attorney June 25, 2010, Filed Chapter 7 Nov 3, 2010 (170k unsecured), 341 Dec 2, 2010 (1 minute of nothingness), Discharged Feb 1, 2011

Comment

Girl, please. Are you a no-asset case? Have you done any transferring of funds. If you haven't given yourself reasons to be questioned by the trustee, then you have nothing to worry about. My advice to you is to answer all questions "yes" and "no". Keep it short. Volunteer nothing!!! You hear me?!!!
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone - you are all the BEST!! Drowning - yes, I am a no asset. My fear is about the fact that we had to file a month early because I was about to get garnished. We would pass the means test now, but didn't a month ago (husband has been laid off since August, our 6 month average has been diluting). So, I just don't know what will happen. Also, there is supposed to be some monster snow storm coming and I don't want my meeting postponed! That would just suck. . .
              Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Oh cmom!! You worry as much as I do - but it will be FINE!!! <3

Enjoy your drinks <hic>
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

clevelandmom:

I was very nervous leading up to my 341 as well. I would highly reccommend you bring all of the papperwork with you that you gave to your attorney to the 341 meeting. I had given all of my backup to my attorney to scan over to the trustee with our filing but for some reason that never happened so by me having all of the info the trustee was missing available to him, I was allowed to not have my 341 adjourned to another time.

I'm sure this will not happen to you but because I was very prepared, I had everthing the trustee needed and wanted. I would also reccommend arriving 30 minutes prior to your 341 start time. This allowed me to get a feel for the questions my trustee woluld be asking. For example one question my trustee asked everyone was what was your gross wages for 2009. Prior to being called up to the table I quickly looked at my W2 from 2009 and was able to give hime the answear to the question he asked immediatly.

Good Luck, I know you wil do great

Better to be prepared then not
                  Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

....I'm not using that bartender Valle Yum, he missed a glass!
                    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

The one problem (think i had more than one) that i had by watching so many cases before mine was i knew how he was going to ask the questions , so i had to be careful not to give the answer before he was done asking the question.
                      Caught myself once.
                      Heard a few people answer before Q was done being asked and Trustee stopped them and said "Let me finish asking my question before you answer"
                      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

please do not get me started about stressing with alcohol during a financial crisis. i got a DUI back in 2005 worrying over this stuff. My driving record was perfect beforehand and has been perfect since.

Please everyone be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
                          The one problem (think i had more than one) that i had by watching so many cases before mine was i knew how he was going to ask the questions , so i had to be careful not to give the answer before he was done asking the question.
                          Caught myself once.
                          Heard a few people answer before Q was done being asked and Trustee stopped them and said "Let me finish asking my question before you answer"
                          LOL! That happened to me. I was just shootin' out the answers. LOL.
                          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

To Daxtell: I'm so sorry my friend. That's terrible that you had to go through that on top of BK. What a hard time that had to be for you.
                            Tom: That's funny!!! LOL I would still use the bartender. . .
                            Thanks everyone for all of your responses. I do feel better now! Still worried about that darn snow storm though. . . dammit. .

Comment

I'm getting nervous as well. Our 341 is on Wednesday (12/15). Hope things go fast and smooth for you on Monday!
                              10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X