Bankruptcy and Judgments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy and Judgments

I'm filing pro se and have a relatively simple case but do have two judgments against me. They are both listed on schedule F. Is there anything else I am going to have to do to take care of these judgments. I just keep to seem finding conflicting information.

I've heard after bankruptcy is discharged you have to do a motion to vacate and then I've heard you absolutely do not have to do this.

Ugh!

Follow this thread.

Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I'm not sure where the advice to absolutely not do this comes from, but from everything I've read, a judgment will stay on your record for the full seven years if you don't file a motion to vacate it post discharge. I would definitely go drowning's route and contact the court where the judgments were granted and get info on how to have those judgments vacated. Better to do everything you possibly can to clean up your credit history
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
        I'm not sure where the advice to absolutely not do this comes from, but from everything I've read, a judgment will stay on your record for the full seven years if you don't file a motion to vacate it post discharge.
        That's what I thought as well - but Equifax completely removed mine when I disputed it as "IIB" after filing. They didn't even verify it because it was removed within 48 hours after I initiated the online-dispute.
        Once discharged, I'll check with the other 2. If they leave it on, I'll vacate it.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X