top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to include with petition when filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to include with petition when filing?

I am planning of filing tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest and have a couple questions.. I'm in Colorado.

Nothing states when to turn in the IRS transcripts. Can I just include the past two years transcripts with the original petition?

What about a printed page for the bank records? I've read the Trustee will want to see the balance in my bank account on the DAY I file. Can I just print off a paper from the bank with tomorrows date showing?

And as far as the bank account. I have a check pending for rent that I hoped would have went through today but it did not. If it clears tomorrow morning, and my balance is low, can I print that or would it be better to wait for Wednesday?

Hi LynnD,

Have you read the Local Bankruptcy Rules for the CO Bk court? If not, I would delay your filing until you have had a chance to go through them. There is a specific list of documents to file, the order to put them in, and probably most importantly how to format the creditors matrix. You can access them at the CO Bk court website.

Each trustee is different, what they will want varies. BK code requires last years tax return/transcript to get to the trustee before the 341 (I think at least 10 days, not sure exactly) and to any creditor who requests a copy. And whatever else the trustee requests. Here in CO, look at the fine print at the bottom of the BK notice, there will be a couple documents to take to the 341.

When trustees look at bank statements, usually they are looking for big $$ chunks moving in and out of the account. I would think they expect to see normal expenses coming and going.

Good luck to you w/ your filing!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

You might want to edit that post ;) It's a little too close to advertising and forum rules don't allow advertising on the site.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

...the trustee has to have it 7 days before the 341 but creditors get it 14 days before...anyone else think this odd?
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by LynnD View Post
          What about a printed page for the bank records? I've read the Trustee will want to see the balance in my bank account on the DAY I file. Can I just print off a paper from the bank with tomorrows date showing?
          I had the same question when I submitted a printout using my printer of my checking account balance and previous several months of transactions. I thought "this is weird... won't they want something more "official"? They did not.

When you think about it, the reason is clear that internet printouts were fine. If someone were to falsify such a thing, not only would you be up for bankruptcy fraud charges if the trustee/court even dug SLIGHTLY into the issue, but probably a bunch of other charges related to falsifying financial records. It would be a slam-dunk for the prosecutor.
          Chap 7 Report of No Distribution 12/2/2010. I'm in the 60 day club : )

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X