Creditors matrix and collections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors matrix and collections?

Hey folks, Im confused about something. If I have all my "Original creditors" listed in the creditors matrix and I miss a collection agency. After the CH7 is discharged, Can the agency still go after me, Or is it that since the OC was listed I can tell them to go pound dirt? I have tried my best to list all the collectors and attorney in the matrix, But Im am so affraid that I am going to miss one.

NCO seems to be one of the most slippery, I had to fight to get there addresses. And am already collecting stuff for building a case against them for FDCPA suit to pay for my CH7.
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

Tell them to pound dirt. It's best to list everyone, even if only for informational purposes, but when filing a Chapter 7, you do have some leeway if one is missed.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Send them a copy of the notice to creditors.
      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

I'm worried about this too. I'm absolutely sure I have all of the OC's. It's the collector's that seem to change hands every month or so that has me concerned.

Comment

What if you put the collector down and not the original creditor? How does that work?

Comment

My lawyer is a pretty good guy, I expressed my concern about this to him today and he told me that the Main importance is getting the OC's discharged. He says main importance of getting the collectors notified is so that they stop bothering you. He went on to tell me that my only other concern is credit accounts that have been sold to JDB and at my stage in the game it is unlikely this has happened yet. He then told me that in the Unlikely event they would sue me but in the unlikely event they did even If I just send a copy of the discharge notice to the court showing the OC, he is 99.99% sure the case would be dismissed and there is even a chance I would have a case against the JDB.

I paraphrased of course, The conversation was much longer.

So, I am really no longer concerned, He did great job of alleviating my concerns.

Also, And this is focused to your concern, Lynn, My lawyer pulled a Consumer Liability Report for my wife and I, Which was an extremely detailed credit report listing all my creditors and addresses. It was more detailed than your average credit report. In fact it showed my business card which my basic credit reports don't.

So as long as you try your best to list everyone, Your lawyer will most likely pickup on anyone you missed.
            Last edited by etechjc; 12-15-2010, 05:12 PM.
            Chapter 7
            Filed, 12/21/2010
            Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

Hi all,

I listed everyone and the kitchen sink...didn't want to trace each debt to find out who it got sold to and who was just collecting.

But for unsecured debt, if they contact you post-filing just send the BK notice or discharge order.

Courts have ruled very consistently that unsecured debts that were missed or forgotten or accidently left off the creditors matrix are still discharged. Preserves your 'fresh start'

Want to hear a good one? Collection companay A got our BK notice, promptly bundled my acct w/ a bunch of other ones and sold it to Collection company B
              Collection company B contacts me about paying the debt and surprisingly was not too surprised to find out it was included in a BK. Polite 'oops sorry to bother you'

Go figure...

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X