top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DONE!! Filed today! The end is in sight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DONE!! Filed today! The end is in sight!

Well, it's done, signed, and filed. We're giving up our home, but we're gaining so much peace and a clean slate. Feels so good!! Our attorney is a trustee as well, and she told us today everything that would be asked, everything that might be asked, and essentially said, "You're good. Don't see anything that might cause a problem." We were over the median even more than I thought which scared me at first, but she still came up with a negative amount on the means test and a negative DMI of almost $700.

We've still got a while on the house so just hoping I've got a job by the time we have to find another place to live. But grateful to have the biggest hurdle behind us. Now just anxiously awaiting our 341 meeting.
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Congratulations. There's lots of us here who understand how you feel. Keep coming back to us for more support y'hear?
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I filed today also! Pro se but the court clerks said my paperwork looked great. 341 is Jan 10th. Yahoo! Spent so many years dreading it.. fighting it.. whining about it and the day I file and I feel on top of the world.. weird!

Comment

Congratulations ssmdem and LynnD on filing. It is a wonderful feeling--such relief. You're on your way to happier days now.
        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Originally posted by mommi2many View Post
          Congratulations ssmdem and LynnD on filing. It is a wonderful feeling--such relief. You're on your way to happier days now.
          A big ditto from here too.
          Good luck to you both.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X