No announcement yet.

Debtor Education Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did the post-filing class at www.hummingbird.com over the weekend. Same as www.cfefa.org... A 2 hour video, and a code word would pop up every 30 mins. You are asked to enter those code words at the end of the video, a long with short (10 questions I think) quiz. Pretty easy stuff. $38 total for me and my DH.

My lawyer is registered with them so he downloads the cert for us and gets it filed.
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

How do we know which online courses are approved by our state/area/trustee & which are not?

I've been looking around and cannot find where I can check that online.
      BK filed July 14, 2008
      341 scheduled for Aug 21, 2008

Comment

FYI .. I think I found it but not sure:

anyone else ... please do correct me if I'm wrong.
        BK filed July 14, 2008
        341 scheduled for Aug 21, 2008

Comment

We did ours at:

Very direct and unstandable. Easy system to navigate. Easy payment system. The fee of $50 covered both myself and my wife.

UAC

Comment

Well in our office WE dont normally charge the client.. we have them do it in our office, and guide them also. Its all self explanatory however some people are really something. hehehe Normal price should be about 30 bucks! BUt we offer free.

Comment

I also did the post-course at www.a24-7class.com and it was only $17.50 and VERY easy... VERY VERY easy.
              They emailed my certificate of completion to me and my lawyer.
              Don't take my word for it, I'm just sayin'

Comment

I did mine here: http://www.yourbankruptcypartner.com...ing_education/

Fast, online, got the certificate emailed as PDF as soon as I was done.

Comment

Some Offices dont charge u at all. Its like basically come with the payment u made to them. and it was not easy question. but u can always go back and write or remember which one u commit the mistake on. usually u can do it at the office and have them help u also or do it in ur own house.

Comment

Do you have to do the post filing course with the same company you did the pre filing counseling? I'm asking because I was not very happy with the company that I went with. It wasn't the counselors, but the company itself; they took a double payment from my checking account, sending me into the negative and then blamed me for it, saying I must have done something to cause it . Then they refused to refund me the amount they'd taken, even after they agreed that it was in fact their fault and would pay the bank fees.

I ended up having to dispute the charge because I used my debit card to pay for it. At least my bank was nice enough to waive the fees for me.
                    sigpic
                    Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                    Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                    Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by anime-chicka View Post
                      Do you have to do the post filing course with the same company you did the pre filing counseling?
                      No. I used two diff't companies.

Comment

does anyone have a discount or promo code for incharge.org?
                        Ch 7. filed: 11/12/08
                        341 rescheduled: 01/12/09
                        Discharged & Closed: 3/23/09

Comment

nevermind. i contacted incharge and a representative gave me a code to finish my certificate for free. i am very grateful.
                          Ch 7. filed: 11/12/08
                          341 rescheduled: 01/12/09
                          Discharged & Closed: 3/23/09

Comment

Education course

Can I take the education coures on my own without a lawyer because my lawyer says the 2 courses will cost me $264 and im doing some research and im finding they only cost $50. What should I do?
                            Filed Chap 7: 06/18/09
                            341 Meeting held: 07/21/09
                            Last Day for Objections: 9/21/09

Comment

Negotiate with the lawyer - tell him that you will take the courses on your own and provide the certificates. He needs to take out that $264 from his fee since he will not have to provide anything to you.
                              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Thank you
                                Filed Chap 7: 06/18/09
                                341 Meeting held: 07/21/09
                                Last Day for Objections: 9/21/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X