No announcement yet.

Debtor Education Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just did the www.cfefa.org pre bankruptcy test, and have not received the certificate. How long does it take to get? I have check both my email and on there website were it should be where my progress section is. Anyone know how long it takes to get the certificate? thanks

Comment

I got mine within minutes emailed to me. The debtors education certificate which is the last one you need usually takes about 24-48 hours to be emailed to you. You should call the place where you did it.

Comment

I used 50-30-20 MoneyPlan and it was $14.95. I got my certificate emailed to me within an hour, although the website states it will be within 3 hours (if it is completed prior to a certain time deadline). I checked all the authorized providers in my district (Northern District of CA) and found one that was reasonably priced.

Question: I filed Pro Se so I am going to file the B23 form stating I completed my Financial Mgmt course, but it says not to attach the certificate. Do I file the certificate separately? And if so, will I need a cover sheet? Thanks in advance.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

My Lawyer just got my debt management course certificate and actually called me to say kudos for finding one on my own that was so cheap ($14.95). I took it through 50-30-20.com, an approved US Trustees agency.
          Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
          Discharged 4-17-09!!!
          Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
          "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

Wanted to add that we did our post-filing education today and it was really simple. Finished in a short period of time and all info we really already knew but was fine reading it over again. Cost was $35 for both me & my DH so it was a good price. We went through Sage (www.sagepf.com).
            11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
            03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
            04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
            $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

I used the Dave Ramsey online material for the 2nd course and I thought it was pretty good. I actually learned some stuff and would highly recommend it for anyone.
              Filed: 10/25/08 (No Assets, CH 7) :blink:
              341 Meeting: 12/4/08 :aggress:
              Discharged: 2/3/09 :clapping:
              Closed: 2/3/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Hummingbird

I recommend Hummingbird to many of my clients. They have found it pretty user friendly.
                lhbankruptcy provides general information only. In no way is lhbankruptcy providing a legal opinion in regards to your specific situation. For information regarding your specific situation, please consult an attorney.

Comment

We used In Charge Education Foundation for both our pre-filing and post-filing classes.

The pre-filing course cost us $30 for both of us and the post-filing course cost us $25 for both of us.

The courses were really easy, although the pre-filing course requires filling in alot of financial information.

Here's a link for anyone interested.
                  Pre-File Credit Counseling and Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Education provided by InCharge Debt Solutions. Low Cost & Easy to Use.
                  Ch.7 filed 4/8/09
                  341 5/19/09
                  Ch.7 DISCHARGED 8/9/09!

Comment

50-30-20

I see a couple of people listed 50-30-20 and I was wondering how their experience was? I received a postcard in the mail today from them out of the blue which I thought was a little sleezy (they must check the bankruptcy filings daily) but I gotta admit, their price has me intrigued. If you used them can you tell me:

1) How was the actual 'course'? Was it watching a movie, reading and filling out forms or how was the material presented?

2) How long did the course actually take?

3) Any problems with your lawyer getting the certificate or any issues at all?

4) Would you recommend them?

Thanks in advance. I tried to do a forum search but nothing came up (which is weird because I see a few posts above with 50-30-20 in the post).
                    Filed 5/12/09
                    341 6/11/09
                    discharged 8/11/09
                    Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by SocalBroke View Post
                      I see a couple of people listed 50-30-20 and I was wondering how their experience was? I received a postcard in the mail today from them out of the blue which I thought was a little sleezy (they must check the bankruptcy filings daily) but I gotta admit, their price has me intrigued. If you used them can you tell me:

1) How was the actual 'course'? Was it watching a movie, reading and filling out forms or how was the material presented?

2) How long did the course actually take?

3) Any problems with your lawyer getting the certificate or any issues at all?

4) Would you recommend them?

Thanks in advance. I tried to do a forum search but nothing came up (which is weird because I see a few posts above with 50-30-20 in the post).

I used 50-30-20 yesterday to complete my post-bk class. The price is what got me, so I gave it a try.

Because 2 hours of financial counseling is needed, every page is timed, and you can't advance until the time is up (usually about 1 1/2 to 2 mins per page). I did it at work, and because it didn't take me that long to read the page, I just read it, did some work, then came back to the page and clicked the advance button

I said it would take 3 hours to get my certificate, but I got it in 20 mins. They also emailed a copy to my atty as a courtesy.

Hope this helps!
                      Filed ~ 30March09
                      341 Meeting ~ 18May09
                      !!!Discharged!!! ~ 20Jul09

Comment

I think we're going to try the 50-30-20 also. The price looks really good and we need something cheap right now.
                        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

My lawyer's office uses www.cinlegal.com I didn't have to pay for it separately. It as included in my lawyer's fee.
                          Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
                          ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

I bit the bullet and also used 50-30-20. They stated they emailed a copy to my lawyer, but I also emailed him one, just to be on the safe side. I got my certificate in about 10 minutes after completing. The material was ok but definitely lacked panache. For the price, gotta say it was a good deal
                            Filed 5/12/09
                            341 6/11/09
                            discharged 8/11/09
                            Closed 8/14/09

Comment

50-30-20 seems to be only for post filing. Does anybody know of a cheap or perhaps free service for pre-filing?

Comment

We used Incharge

$30 pre > $25 Post
                                My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                                posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X