No announcement yet.

Debtor Education Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just used 50-30-20 too. Pretty easy, but you do have to sit through a min of 2 hours of info (they have a timer set on each page). It's a great deal at $14.95 and got my certificate instantly
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Just did the www.cfefa.org class, not too bad and only 15.00 TOTAL for a joint filing.
      7-2-2009 Filed
      8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
      10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

We used InCharge Finance for both pre ($30) and post ($25) filing courses.
        Both courses were fairly easy to use and InCharge will also fax or email a copy to your attorney.

The pre-filing course took about an hour to take plus another 15 minutes for the phone follow up. The phone counselor (who by the way was very polite and professional) just asked us simple questions like "What was the most helpful part of the course?" and "What portion of the course will you utilize in the future?" As soon as he verified both of our identities and concluded the call, we had our certificates in our inbox within a minute.

The post-filing course took a little longer to do because you are required to take the course in a minumum of 2 hrs and had more assessments to take. The assessments were no biggie - just pay attention to the tutorials and you will pass. Otherwise, if you don't pass, you can re-take the assessment as many times until you obtain a passing score. Make sure you don't take this course at the last minute because it takes 1-2 business days to receive your certificate in your email.
        Filed Chapter 7 on 7/7/09
        341 Meeting on 8/21/09

Comment

We just used personalfinanceeducation.com (InCharge) for the pre-filing course. We took it online, then had to call in for a consult that took about 10 minutes. I got a lot of good information. It was $30 for joint course. We received the certificates via e-mail a few minutes after we got off the phone. Oh, and they're open until 11 pm - pretty convenient.
          Filed pro se (ch 7, no asset) 10/27/09
          341 12/14/09
          Discharged 03/29/10

Comment

We did two, and the second one was a two hour long course and you had to do two hours worth and respond to the questions. I was not sure when to do them, so we did them both and still have our 341 on tuesday. I hope that is okay?

Comment

I would like to know that please.

Thanks

Comment

I'm actually doing the 50-30-20 right now, LOL! It just takes me like 20 seconds to read the page, but I have to wait until the timer is up before advancing to the next page, grrrrr.
                Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                Just used 50-30-20 too. Pretty easy, but you do have to sit through a min of 2 hours of info (they have a timer set on each page). It's a great deal at $14.95 and got my certificate instantly

Comment

We used http://www.debt-foundation.org/ today. It was simple.
                  attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                  no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                  341, 05/10/2010
                  discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

The CCC I have used is $25 and is available to all states except Alabama and North Carolina. It's abacus.org and it is very easy to use. Online courses are all pretty easy and self explanatory. These courses usually take less than an hour to finish.

Comment

I just did the online thing with CCCS of Atlanta http://cccsinc.org. It's quick and painless, takes about an hour or 2 if you have access to your mortgage information. (I had to call my mortgage company to get all the info.) You'll also need the payoff amount for your car loan. Costs $50 and they take debit cards.

Comment

I went with the one my attorney told me to go with. To be honest, I didn't have to do any of the reading to answer correctly, which made it go faster. But that has a lot to do with my profession. Online is definitely better. It would have taken me 2 hours over the phone, it took me 15 minutes online.

Comment

Anyone else used http://www.consumerbankruptcycounseling.info/ for their pre-filing council? Of course I want to be 100% sure that this will satisfy the pre-filing part.

Have not filed yet, but was able to do my Pre-council free on this site. The website was listed as approved for my area on the DOJ website. All was done online, and I was emailed the certificate and have it printed out. Almost seems too good to be true?

Comment

I used a different one, but my procedure was identical to yours. No worries!
                            Originally posted by Maquis View Post
                            Anyone else used http://www.consumerbankruptcycounseling.info/ for their pre-filing council? Of course I want to be 100% sure that this will satisfy the pre-filing part.

Have not filed yet, but was able to do my Pre-council free on this site. The website was listed as approved for my area on the DOJ website. All was done online, and I was emailed the certificate and have it printed out. Almost seems too good to be true?

Comment

I did dave ramsey's debtor education course online. it took a long time like 2 1/2 hours. they have to produce certificates by hand, so it could take day or tow to get yours by email (they email it not snail mail so u can print it out). i was a bit bummed it was the financial peace univeristy in a condensed version. I already own that series and it was just a referesher for me. I had to pay 25 for it too, i guess it would have been easier than going w/ a company where i didnt already know the answer to the little quizzes.

Comment

I used http://www.MyBKClass.com for both the pre-filing and debtor ed classes. Just $25 covered both me and my spouse, and the certificates were sent to our attorney almost immediately after completing the class.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X