Side jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side jobs

If my wife will babysit for a friend a couple times per week do we have to provide documentation of this income? She will get paid in cash so we will not have anything to provide.
    Will they contact the friend to verify the amount made?
    We will list the income when we file, but would rather not tell our friends.

Originally posted by MC101296 View Post
    If my wife will babysit for a friend a couple times per week do we have to provide documentation of this income? She will get paid in cash so we will not have anything to provide.
    Will they contact the friend to verify the amount made?
    We will list the income when we file, but would rather not tell our friends.
    they will not contact to verify
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Hi MC,

How much $ are we talking about? For some folks going into BK, small amounts seem big b/c it determines what goes on the table and how long you wear underwear, but BK trustees deal w/ 4-5-6 digit numbers on a daily basis. Sounds like you are already being honest about it, shouldn't be a problem.

but would rather not tell our friends. ...friends don't need their nose in your financial business...but I wanted to make sure you don't think BK is something to be ashamed of...it is a dollars and sense business decision to protect your long-term financial health, nothing personal.

Hold your head high and join the million and a half of us filing Bk this year alone!!

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I'd have to know how much money to give an answer. If the trustee asks for your bank statements and sees large cash deposits into your account on a regular basis, you're going to have a real problem if you don't report it.

Just be honest, report the income and who provided it. In all likelihood, they will not contact this person and they will definitely not be on the mailing matrix, so they won't receive notice of your bankruptcy.
        Bazinga!

Comment

Hold to da cash$ and buy/pay for FOOD$... problem solved.. nobody can be rich from little babysit money anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. The amount will probably end up being 1500-2000 for the year so not a lot. Never plan to deposit the money as it will be part of our monthly food/gas funds.
            If my friends needed to know I would want to be the ones to tell them rather than getting a call out of the blue.

Comment

....$150 a month cash is not going to be a blip on the radar screen. Here is the worst case scenario:

Trustee: What is this $150 a month?

MC: Babysitting

Trustee: OK

Hope your filing goes smoothly! Kudos for being honest!

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

It's already been established on the forum that I can be a bit paranoid (lol), but since BK is Federal court, I would make sure to claim that amount on my income taxes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X