Looking for MEANSNO on Pacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for MEANSNO on Pacer

What's the average time that I might see this on Pacer from our filing date? I was thinking I had read 10 days somewhere - which is tomorrow - but just curious. I did receive in the mail yesterday the official document from the bankruptcy court with my case number, 341 dates, etc. Under "Presumption of Abuse under 11 USC 707(b)" -- it does read The presumption of abuse does not arise. Is this the same thing?
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
    What's the average time that I might see this on Pacer from our filing date? I was thinking I had read 10 days somewhere - which is tomorrow - but just curious. I did receive in the mail yesterday the official document from the bankruptcy court with my case number, 341 dates, etc. Under "Presumption of Abuse under 11 USC 707(b)" -- it does read The presumption of abuse does not arise. Is this the same thing?
    ssm: Ours "MEANSNO" is up in the top right corner of our docket report. I noticed it up there yesterday (we filed on Friday) Hope that helps you.

Merry Christmas to you!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Not mine. It does read DebtEd in the top right corner on the docket report. I'm guessing that's the pre-discharge course. Took it over the weekend to get it out of the way and emailed it to my attorney, so I'm guessing she's entered that into the file. Nothing about the means test though. I'm just stressing over that a little because we are over the median by just a little bit. She says we pass the means test though when expenses are added in. Once I see that, I think I'll relax for good - at least I hope anyway.

Merry Christmas to you too!
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Awwww, sweets, don't stress. :hug: It may be district specific or that your court is just more backed up than mine. What part of FL are you filing in?

FYI: Ours has DebtEd and DebtEdJnt markers as well on the upper right - we have completed the preBK education and we are both working on the post-filing education now. My goal is to have that at the attorney's office next week.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ssmdem View Post
          Same thing
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Hi all, Hi ssmdem,

...updating PACER might not make it to the top of everyones list of things to do a couple days before Christmas......

You don't need PACER anyhow, you got it in the mail, old school....MEANSNO in PACER = the presumption did not arise = you passed the means test!!

Enjoy the Holidays!!

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks guys! Things have been a tad emotional around here the past couple of days and I guess I've put my "worry hat" back on. Just knowing this is our last Christmas in this house is finally setting in, and it's been tough. Having these two weeks off from work has left me with too much time on my hands, I'm afraid.

Comment

Afraid?! Chin up sunshine(state)!!! Plan ahead just like you planned ahead to file. Start looking past your BK and what you're gonna do with your fresh start. This is just a flash in the pan but it's a very important moment. It's an opportunity of a lifetime. Don't look at it as a step that not many people HAVE to take. Look at it as a step that not many people GET to take. Make it truly mean something for you towards your future.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X