Income significantly increased after filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income significantly increased after filing

I filed for chap 7 after my business failed and I had no income for a year. One month after filing and four days before my 341 meeting a started a new job which significantly increased my income. At the 341 meeting, the UST was present and questioned why I was filing since i had high income earning potential. He requested a copy of my first pay stub. My attorney turned over the requested info and amended my schedule to reflect the new income.

My question is will the UST force me to convert to a chapter 13 or even dismiss my case? I have asked my attorney this same question since he is also a chap 7 trustee. He just tells me not to worry and continue to work. But should I be saving all my personal income in case the case is dismissed or converted? Should I plead my case to the UST directly, , explaining that my listed expenses were so low because I was not buying groceries or most essential items due to fear of becoming homeless, that i tchnically had money in the bank but not reallly because i just wasn't paying my bills?

I have paid my attorney his fee in advance, which was twice as much as other attorneys based upon his reputation. Now I feel like he is blowing me off.

Please offer some advice!!!!

Originally posted by girlblue View Post
    I have asked my attorney this same question since he is also a chap 7 trustee. He just tells me not to worry and continue to work.
    You have been given good advice! You paid your attorney to worry for you and he will do so.

Don't feel like he is blowing you off. BK is a process, not an event. Patience grasshopper........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X