Happy New Year to Me - DISCHARGED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy New Year to Me - DISCHARGED!

We received the notice in the mail today! FINALLY!!!!!

I really really want to thank everybody on this forum that took the time to kindly reply to my panic and questions and helped me along the way. I am so grateful to have found this place. Thanks for all the nonjudging and great support.

I am so happy to start 2011 off FRESH -

Thanks a bunch,

No longer Drowning in IL

PS..good luck to everybody!

Congratulations, fellow Illinoisian!
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a way to finish out the Old Year, with the Old way of life, with a Brand New Start in a New Year!!!! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations
        Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
        Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Thanks so much! It hasn't even sunken in yet. I think we've been tense here for so long it will take a while

I also want to share - for anybody out there starting out this process....here's our story in a nutshell & I am sure there are lessons with it - the first lawyer we consulted with in mid June had us automatically in a Ch 13 due to our income being way over median. We were all set to go with that just to get it over with and move on until we saw our what he had our monthly payment at haha. Then when we actually said we needed to think about this more, we went home & double checked all the expenses he had listed for us and payroll deductions - and we found MANY MANY mistakes. We followed up with an email to him to correct the errors and he decided enough of us and dumped us. (I guess he wanted an easy 13) That dumping turned out to be a blessing in disguise because the next attny we consulted with said he could get us through with a Ch 7. He had no problem trying it and told us if they questioned it, we'd fight it.

So - if you don't feel comfortable with what the first says, move on. AND double and triple check the numbers. Even our 2nd attny's office made errors on the means test and on the papers pre filing. This forum taught me so much about the whole process.

THANKS!!!!

Comment

Congrats on your discharge. I too myself was discharged today as well. I filed pro se on Sep 16, 341 Oct 21, and discharged once again today! I too consulted w/ two attorneys. The first attorney said I should file ch 13 due to my dmi being 200.00 over the median. Im a no asset household of 3 with 60.000 of debt. The second attorney I spoke to told me I can file for ch 7, and had me do another means test which I was under the dmi by 500.00. So I took his advice, gathered all my documents, purchased nolo book, downloaded bestcase software, researched bk laws and rules, and filed.

Comment

Woohoo! Congratulations on your fresh start.
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNIL View Post
                We received the notice in the mail today! FINALLY!!!!!

I really really want to thank everybody on this forum that took the time to kindly reply to my panic and questions and helped me along the way. I am so grateful to have found this place. Thanks for all the nonjudging and great support.

I am so happy to start 2011 off FRESH -

Thanks a bunch,

No longer Drowning in IL

PS..good luck to everybody!
                My sincerest congratulations to you!!
                Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
                341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
                Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

Yippee doodles!!!!!!
                  to you both....(non) drowningNIL and smoothdaddy
                  The very best in the future and good luck.
                  filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                  "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Congrats !
                    Happy new year
                    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
                    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
                    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Congrats!!!
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Congrats!!!
                        Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

THANKS! And congrats to you, too, Smoothdaddy!!

Comment

Congrats to both of you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X