Approved For Capitol One CC 16 Months after Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved For Capitol One CC 16 Months after Discharge

I know that Credit Cards are taboo, but got an offer from Capitol One, No Annual Fee, 17% interest and was approved with a $3000 limit. Unbelivable, since Capitol One was on my BK for $11K.

Now I ican get rid of my 1 outrageous card that is costing me $125 a year that I have been using to rebuild my credit.

Anyone out there have a similuar experiance?

BooBoo

I get denied based on their internal records (which I assume is the BK blacklist since I discharged a $6K credit card and $30K credit line) with them. I'm 13 months from discharge and scores don't come in to account because they never pull my CR (650s).

How did you get this done - did you "just apply" or did you find a way to get a reconsideration?
    Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

I have a capital one credit card too. they gave me a $300 limit one day after discharge and almost a year down the road have risen my limit to $1750. It's o% interest, $39 annual fee and that's it. I pay it off though and never keep a balance.
      9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
      11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
      01/04/2010 - last day for objections
      01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
        I have a capital one credit card too. they gave me a $300 limit one day after discharge and almost a year down the road have risen my limit to $1750. It's o% interest, $39 annual fee and that's it. I pay it off though and never keep a balance.
        This sounds great! Hope I can get that lucky! I would pay that annual fee -- just not willing to pay some of the other fees I've seen some mention. I just want something to help me build my credit scores back up so we can buy a house again one day. Beyond that, I will be paying cash for everything from here on out or we don't get it! Can't see me wanting anything more than about a $3000 limit even on a credit card - EVER.
        04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

No, actually I got an offer in the mail, and the offer is BOLD LETTERS said, you are now past your bankrupcy and time to "Start Fresh". Apply on line or with this limited offer via the mail. It was Intro 0 % for the 1st 6 months No Annual Fee, and 17% interest. Did not say what I was "Pre Approved" for, but it did have an "invitation #" that if I submitted via On-Line to use. I applied on line, instantly approved me and told me that it would take up to 2 weeks to receive a card in the mail. I thought, yeah, sure it's a mistake, or that I would maybe get a line of credit of maybe $250, but the cards came on Monday with a Credit line of $3K....go figure. My credit score is 637. It will now improve for sure. Life works in strange ways I guess.

BooBoo

Comment

booboo,
            My wife and I both filed joint Ch7 in Dec 2009. We now both have CapOne CC's with combined credit limit of 4500, as well as a new car loan through them at 7.49% for 72 months.

We pay the ccs off regularly, and have a very reasonable car payment. Yes its not 0.9% financing, but I think its fair.

Comment

Good for you. A car loan will be next year before I run into $$ in repairs. Our car is a 1994..

BooBoo

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X