Civil judgment on credit report post bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civil judgment on credit report post bankruptcy

Filed bankruptcy 2009. Did not reaffirm mortgages. Judicial foreclosure state. Property foreclosed in rem September 2010. This is now being reported on my credit report as a civil judgment against me for $300k. I disputed it and at minimum wanted a statement added stating this property was previously IIB. Experian says it is a valid reporting and it remains...but is it valid ???

Before I follow up and write a dispute letter (did the previous dispute online) I wanted to make sure I am correct. The way it is now appears post bankruptcy I have a large judgment against me. This is obviously not correct since I did not reaffirm, but it is a foreclosure. THis sucks if it looks like I have a bankruptcy and a civil judgment.

Hi Phil,

Just keep up the letter campaign, the knee-jerk reaction from credit bureaus is 'no' With enough letters they will come around.

Hassle, yes, but worth it if you need your credit score

Tom in Colo

ps: while you are at it, pull all three reports and look for other errors, usually the case.
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

We had TONS of errors on our report after we filed the first time. We for the most part got them fixed but it was a PITA!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X