top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever CHANGE jobs in the middle of BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever CHANGE jobs in the middle of BK?

I've been looking for a new job off and on for a while, but always stay put because my job is pretty secure (been with the company for 14 years). But an opportunity to apply for a position just fell into my lap and I'm trying to decide if it would be really dumb to go for it. I don't know any details (pay etc), so can't say if it would be more or less money. I just don't want to stress about applying and interviewing if it would throw a huge monkey wrench into the BK. Anyone?

Just do it... really what do you have to loose?? cross the bridge of accepting when you actually get the job....
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Agreed. Try out the interview, let them know you already have a job and find out what the new job pays, benefits, etc. You can also negotiate from a power position, which is the only time you really can in a job (when they make you the offer).

The most difficult part about changing jobs is trying to interview with a new company while working for another company. You have to try to schedule a time and location that is somewhat convenient from the current job. If you don't wear a suit at your job, but need one for the interview, that gets even more tricky.

This is why it's difficult for those that tell us unemployed to go work at McDonalds until we find a new job. Try pulling off interviews while working full time at McDonalds. Try telling your boss at Ronny McD's that you want to cut out early and see what happens to your burger uniform.

Comment

Hi jlynn,

Seen others with your situation and the wisdom of the forum is to go for the job and be honest about it in the 341.
        People who did that seemed to have no problem w/ it.

Definitely need to amend Sch I

Hang in there, hope this works out for you!
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Thanks so much! I just got a chance to catch up around here. I did send my resume, but I have a feeling the position doesn't offer benefits. We'll see what happens

Comment

We are looking at this as well. It is a long long long shot and we'd still fall well below the median income but significantly higher than we are now. My husband has taken so many pay cuts in the last 2 and 1/2 years we have a LOT of wiggle room before we even get close to that median.......somewhere around 45k of wiggle room.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X