top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Schedule I income amount come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does Schedule I income amount come from?

Okay, I know I've been extremely complimentary of my attorney's office in the past, but I'm faltering tonight. Got our package in the mail today for review, and I can't for the life of me figure out where the paralegal got some of these amounts. When we filed, we weren't shown every sheet which showed where the bottom of the line figures came from - just given totals, you passed means test, etc. Well, looking at everything now - I'm having some serious questions but before I call tomorrow, want to make sure I know what I'm talking about.

Mine and my husband's payroll varies (sometimes greatly) each month. The income figures on the means test are accurate from our six month look back. But the income figure used on Schedule I is way different. And I see where it says that these figures may be different -- but since they are -- where would the Schedule I figures have come from? My husband's is $500 less a month on the Schedule I than on the means test. Mine is $100 more on Schedule I. ?????????????
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

I'm a newbie, too, but I believe the numbers on the means test are from the past 6 months income, added and then divided by 6 (for the average).

Sorry -- I did not read closely enough! My brain is scrambled from working on my ch 7 paperwork! Schedule I (looking at my numbers) is your actual monthly income, minus deductions, plus any additional income. Maybe your attorney made a mistake?

Good luck!
    Last edited by sillywalks; 12-29-2010, 08:48 PM. Reason: I'm a goober!

Comment

The numbers on the means test are from the six months - and that's correct. I'm trying to figure out where my figures on Schedule I are coming from. Those are off, and while I know they CAN be different than what's on the means test, I can't figure out where my attorney is pulling them from.
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

No problem -- my brain is pretty fried at the moment as well. I had already packed up all my paperwork and was just happily waiting on my 341. Had to pull it all back out because I can't figure some of this stuff out tonight. Problem is we don't have an "actual monthly income." It's different every month -- mine and my husband's. I just assumed they would use the six month average because our incomes can vary as much as $2000 a month. I've crunched every number I can find and can't come up with anything close to the figure they have. Guess this question will just have to wait until tomorrow so I can ask the attorney's office where they got it from.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X