? about earned income not received yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about earned income not received yet

If the trustee factors in income EARNED before filing date, then aren't they actually looking at more than six months of salary? Or is income earned but not received yet just considered part of the estate that just needs to be exempted? As in excess cash?
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

It's the latter, income earned but not received is considered part of the bankruptcy estate. Most states exemptions I've looked at exempt 75% of said income. We had to hand over 25% of ours.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

That works -- just too close to not passing the means test and didn't want this affecting it. It's an additional $1000 - and I have to hand over $250 of it, I will happily do so to be able to put all of this behind me! Thanks!
      04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X