Slumberland/Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slumberland/Wells Fargo

Hi! I am new here. We filed in Oct. and had our 341 meeting in Nov. Our discharge is suppose to be Jan. 14th. My question is: We had bought some furniture on our slumberland card which Wells Fargo owns. The balance is $2592 and the furniture that we bought is at least 2-3 years old. Our lawyer wants to know if we want to reaffirm this or surrender it???? Will they really want a couch that has pen marks all over it and is 3 years old? We have 4 kids so it's not in great shape. We also bought a bed with that card. I guess what I'm wondering is if we don't reaffirm it will they come get it? I slightly remember our trustee mentioning keeping this furniture. We said yes but if we don't want to reaffirm it can we change our mind? Our lawyer said we could offer to pay them fair market value for the items or they have *offered* a payment plan of $70 or so for like 3 years. I don't want to come out of the bankrupcy with this debt! What do you guys think

Thanks for any help!

Originally posted by kimmyann View Post
    Hi! I am new here. We filed in Oct. and had our 341 meeting in Nov. Our discharge is suppose to be Jan. 14th. My question is: We had bought some furniture on our slumberland card which Wells Fargo owns. The balance is $2592 and the furniture that we bought is at least 2-3 years old. Our lawyer wants to know if we want to reaffirm this or surrender it???? Will they really want a couch that has pen marks all over it and is 3 years old? We have 4 kids so it's not in great shape. We also bought a bed with that card. I guess what I'm wondering is if we don't reaffirm it will they come get it? I slightly remember our trustee mentioning keeping this furniture. We said yes but if we don't want to reaffirm it can we change our mind? Our lawyer said we could offer to pay them fair market value for the items or they have *offered* a payment plan of $70 or so for like 3 years. I don't want to come out of the bankrupcy with this debt! What do you guys think

Thanks for any help!
    Tell them to pick it if they want to. I'm almost positive you will not hear anything from them and if they do then I'd decide if I want the stuff. You know what is the value not them surely it's not one tenth of purchase price after three years. Matter of fact what value did you list on your schedule for the furniture I'd start there and for sure not the $70*36 they offerd that is the whole balance...
    Filed 10/27/2010 341 Meeting 12/10/2010
    Report No Distribution 12/15

Comment

Why the heck would you want to reaffirm it if it's in poor condition and not worth what they're offering?

Let them come and take it (which I doubt they will, anyway). If they do, buy a couple of lawn chairs at a garage sale until you can afford to replace it.

Just my $0.02.

-Rich
      Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
      Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Hi Kimmyann,

For the life of me I don't know why lawyers tell people to reaffirm or pay on used furniture....

It is worth next to nothing, WF doesn't operate a used furniture store, and it would cost 50x what it is worth to come get it.

If they are true to form, you will get hit with a threatening 'legalese' letter, possibly from 'their attorney'

Don't be fooled, don't pay a dime, ignore them, they will go away.

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

hahaha, a good friend of mine just did a CH7, and he did it pro se, he had his living room furniture and bedroom furniture financed through AGF, and they sent him a similar letter, he told them to take a long walk off a short pier, and they went away, discharged today as a matter of fact. They were so kind to even send him a prefilled out motion and re-affirmation agreement since he was pro se, he showed it to me and I said heck no, tell them to take a hike. And they did.

Comment

lmao WF told my sister they were going to come take her car because it had parts on it that were financed through them. She also told them to take a long walk off that very same pier and imagine that still has her car

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X