Ch. 7 and Cash Advance Loan Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Krys,

Since you mentioned pro-se, did you know about the NOLO book? Highly recommened step-by-step guide. www.nolo.com

There is also a pro-se forum on this site that might be helpful.

The SC BK court has a small section for "parties w/o attorneys" not sure how informative that would be.

The part that is important to pro-se filers are the "Local Rules" This is where the local court might do things differently from other courts, usually nuts & bolts type of stuff, file tax-returns w/ the petition or send to the trustee, use their cover sheet for this or that, etc. Probably the most important detail is how the court clerk wants the creditor matrix formatted, they will want it someway so they can make a mailing list easily.

Another detail that might not be in the local rules is how the court clerk wants the documents...order, staples yes/no, holepunch yes/no how,
    When you call the court clerk, remember they can't answer legal questions, so include "procedural question" in your first sentence. Those they can answer.

Well, sorry to be blathering on and on, keep posting, lots of good people here to help out!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Tom, thanks so much for such a supportive answer.

We are filing in NC, actually (we've only been in SC for 2 months). I have been through the local court website and have actually heard of the NOLO book. I only just started the paperwork over the last few days and just heard about the NOLO book in this forum. I certainly plan on checking it out.

Thanks so much. This forum has already been such a great source of support and info to me.

Comment

Good Luck to you and I have to say if it was me, in this situation, with this company (and i'm not the least bit familiar with these types of companies) - I would list them and forget them. They should be discharged if they cannot object to it. I would say to just forget them even though your intentions are noble with them -- it's time they take a hike as they had thier opportunity to work something out with you. They chose to be non-cooperative so they lose. Just my thoughts of course.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
          Good Luck to you and I have to say if it was me, in this situation, with this company (and i'm not the least bit familiar with these types of companies) - I would list them and forget them. They should be discharged if they cannot object to it. I would say to just forget them even though your intentions are noble with them -- it's time they take a hike as they had thier opportunity to work something out with you. They chose to be non-cooperative so they lose. Just my thoughts of course.
          Thanks ! Thats a really good outlook, and I hadn't really though of it in those terms.

Comment

Hi again Krys,

Just so you know, once you are in SC for 90 days you can file there. You would use NC exemptions but could file at the SC courthouse saving some mileage.

...with the price of gas...filling the tank can just about bankrupt you....

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X