Bankruptcy: surrender vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy: surrender vehicle

I listed my car lease in my chapter 7 bankruptcy and I did not reaffirm it. I called ally regarding surrendering my vehicle. They sent my lawyer a letter and my attorney sent me the letter. Now what happens? Will somebody contact me to tow the car away? How does that work?

Hello. Anybody?

Comment

Look in the repo section under Forums. I kept my car, sorry can't help you! Maybe everyone is eating dinner!
      Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Hi Jason,

Now what happens? Will somebody contact me to tow the car away? How does that work?

I called Americredit and told them I was surrendering and to call me with a drop-off location or when someone would be picking it up and that the keys would be under the front seat. Didn't hear from them for a month and a half. Went out one day and it was gone.

Keep all your stuff out of it and drive for free until they get their act together....

Tom in Colo
        Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Actually I already talked to them and somebody is coming to tow it away!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X