No announcement yet.

Question about mandatory credit counseling before filing chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I even had to put a value on my dogs. I put down 100 dollars.... but honestly, they weren't really even worth that. They were old and needed to be put down, which they were during the bankruptcy. On the other hand, we do have ONE of those dogs and his value was 100 bucks since he is 5 and has a pedigree. I would be surprised if we got 100 bucks for him though... he isn't fixed and trust me... this made the value of some of my items go DOWN. lol
    My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

hey, are you actually doing this for the credit counseling??? I did it for my attorney (that list matters) but You do realize that none of that info ( in the credit course) is stored and nobody will ever ever see it, right? As in, you are spending hours trying to get that stuff right and perfect when you really just need the gist of it. What matters the most is what you hand to your attorney in regard to the values of your stuff. Nobody ever sees what you enter or what your scores are in the credit courses. All you have to do is complete the course and then you get a certificate. You are NOT really graded. The grades you see are for your info only. You do know this, right?
      My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

Dneil, I'm overvaluing our stuff in my head. Your list helps....thanks. We're getting close to filing (Feb) and are going to atty again tomorrow....he will most likely give us some kind of form to list this stuff on. I hope. We spent tonight doing the creditor listing sheet and got the counseling online done. I've gotten so much info on this forum and such wonderful emotional support. I appreciate it so much.

Comment

Originally posted by clc08 View Post
          Yes, I was overthinking the counseling online...read here what to do and got it done! Thanks! Just my anxiety at work. So afraid I/we will make some dumb mistake and mess us up. Husband gloated..."Ha, I was right!" and called me "pig-headed." Anyway....I may be overthinking listing our assets, too, but want to meet the trustees requirements and not raise any red flags. Appreciate the offer of a pdf file and will take you up on it. When you list your applicances and TV, computer, electronics, etc, do you have to list the make/model/year, or just lump them? Thanks.....
          Is there any way I can get a pdf file?I am stressing over how to do the list maybe with a general value of items?
          My husband went by himself to the attorney yet leaves it up to me to get this stuff together.

Comment

You can call where you took it and ask them to send you a pdf.
            Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X