341 Meeting Done-Secured Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting Done-Secured Credit

I had my 341 meeting today and filed Pro Se. I filed, mainly, due to the fact that I had 3 judgments that were all old but the creditors renewed. My credit score wasn't bad and I didn't have any negative information in years but I did have those old judgments. Because I want to buy a house, I knew I would never be able to pay those judgments to get a house--especially with the rate of interest.

My mother has offered to get like a 2k secured card right away to get started on the rebuild. I just got a call last night that my hours will double in March.

Can she get this for me now or do I have to wait until discharge. Understand I'm not going to get into trouble. The judgments were all due to bills back from 2003 when I got a divorce and had 4 kids and was on my own.

All I want to know is CAN we do this now that my 341 is over or will this cause issues?

I would wait until discharge just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by LynnD View Post
      My credit score wasn't bad and I didn't have any negative information in years but I did have those old judgments.
      It is now. Nothing like a bk to help lower those numbers right on down.

Patience grasshopper. You don't need to anything until you're discharged.

You are still under bankruptcy

I'm surprised that your trustee didn't give you the lecture on credit cards....
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Why would he give me a lecture on credit cards? I didn't have any.

And LOL.. I KNOW it is bad now :-) Which is exactly why I wanted to start building it back up so I am in a position to buy a house in 2 yrs.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X