BK discharged 2 years ago this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK discharged 2 years ago this week!

I wanted to check in with everyone and say thank you on the 2nd anniversary of our Chapter 7 discharge- pro se! I am so thankful to this forum. It was the most helpful and supportive place ever. And when you are going through the bk process/rebirth/epiphany you need a support group. Finding this forum was like taking a valium with a glass of red wine. The stress would start to melt away with knowledge I gained.

I also wanted to encourage anyone just starting this process. In the past two years, I have NEVER regretted filing bk. I wish we hadn't gotten ourselves into the mess in the first place, of course. But when I think of where we would be now, I can't see us making much of a dent in our debt two years later. We were able to rent a house less than a year later, and buy a car (August 08), which we did right before it became so difficult to do so. These were both stressful for me because it meant we had to tell people about it, which I didn't and still don't like to do. However, it's been a small price to pay for having this weight off our shoulders.

We've been very careful to not accumulate any more debt besides our car. I have not been great at working on rebuilding credit. I think we have two cards with maybe $1000 limits on them, but we have never used them. I haven't been in a situation yet where I wished I had a credit card.

Thanks again!!! And to those just starting out- there is certainly hope

I just realized it's 2011, so- it's been 3 years since discharge! Math was never my strong suit. Wonder if that has anything to do with why we filed bk hmmm....

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Thanks for sharing your Progress Report. I believe that you were Discharged before my DH, AngelinaCatHub ('Hub) and I joined in April 2008. Since then, we have instituted a little 'rite of passage ritual, the 'Officially Unofficial Victory Dance'....., soooooooooooooooo, here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

That is too funny! My daughter has actually been hounding me for a hamster. I won't show her this.

Comment

Lol!!!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I love hearing the after affects of bk. I am a pro se'r so I really appreciate your insight.
            Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Great update... thanks for sharing!

And on behalf of my sweet pootootie dog, BonnieBedilia, lemme just say "Great Name!"
              OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X