top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's finally going to happen...we should be filing before the end of the month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finally going to happen...we should be filing before the end of the month...

Big meeting with attorney and all of our paperwork on Tues. He said the meeting takes about 2 1/2 hrs. We'll go over all of our paperwork and take one of the required classes (he said we do in on the computer at the office there??)

Then he said we'd come back a couple of days later to sign paperwork and it would be filed that day. So I'm anticipating being filed at the absolute LATEST on the 28th.

Does that sound about right to everyone?

I'm so nervous, I can't even begin to explain it. Our time line has changed so many times, I'm afraid of something messing it up again. I'm nervous because after all this time, I'm such a ball of nerves waiting for this to be over and we haven't even hit the "hard part" yet. I'm over-analyzing EVERYTHING. Just want this to be done and get our discharge without any bumps in the road.

Yes, this sounds about right. Make sure you check everything when you are reviewing your papers before signing them. We found a number of errors that we had corrected in earlier drafts of our paperwork that our attorney had NOT saved the changes in her computer.

Once you are filed and your get your case number, you will start to feel better. The next hurdle will be the 341, but since you are posting and reading here, read the stickies on preparing for a 341 and you will do fine.

Good luck to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

A new life, just around the corner. Good luck!
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I keep going over and over the paperwork, trying to make sure I didn't miss anything and have everything pulled aside that they will need. I don't want to forget anything.

For quite some time we've been playing this "over/under" the median game with dh's income (since it varies from week to week depending on how many hours he gets, holiday pay, training pay etc...) for a year now. Since we know it will be July-Dec now, I added it all up. We're still $188 over the median income. Blah. The median income for a family of 4 is $64,420, and we are at $64,608. Can you believe it? SO CLOSE! Anyway, much of what put us over was dh training new hires....he hasn't done any training in months, and they won't be doing anymore hiring. So hopefully it could be argued that that was income that WON'T be coming back (if it become an issue. The attorney didn't think it would be, even when we were a few THOUSAND over the median)

Comment

JEM we both joined these forums about the same time. We are finished with our Ch7 having now been discharged and closed about 5 months ago. Good luck and I am sure you and your family will breathe a sigh of relief !

Comment

Originally posted by Meatstick View Post
            JEM we both joined these forums about the same time. We are finished with our Ch7 having now been discharged and closed about 5 months ago. Good luck and I am sure you and your family will breathe a sigh of relief !
            I remember! LOL I feel like everyone that joined around the time I did, has already moved on and been discharged. He we are over a year later and still not even "starting" the process.

Comment

Well look when I joined... our lawyer has even been paid for a year now and we still haven't filed. Soon soon.

How exciting for you... although nervewracking for sure! I'm scared to death of finishing ours.

Comment

I guess you are technically just "starting", but really this is the tail end of it, and you probably feel a little more in control than you did at the beginning of this process. Congratulations!

Comment

Having an attorney is the smartest thing. This will reduce probably 90% of the stress you will go through in filing bk. You will have to take another online course eventually that will be very similar to the first course, so keep all the notes and print out the results of the first test you take as you will use most of this information in the next online course. That will save you some time. Taking it at the attorneys office is cool because you can ask questions if you get stuck.

Comment

Congratulation JEM, good job so far!!

The over/under median issue....I was worried b/c you said $188 over which is borderline Ch 13 country....

....worried until you posted the yearly numbers....you were saying over $188 on the years income....

But the BK over/under median uses monthly

Monthly, state median = 5368 your monthly = 5384 ..over median by $16

You are going to do fine! Hang in there and be sure to keep up posted!

Tom in Colo
                    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
                      Congratulation JEM, good job so far!!

The over/under median issue....I was worried b/c you said $188 over which is borderline Ch 13 country....

....worried until you posted the yearly numbers....you were saying over $188 on the years income....

But the BK over/under median uses monthly

Monthly, state median = 5368 your monthly = 5384 ..over median by $16

You are going to do fine! Hang in there and be sure to keep up posted!

Tom in Colo
                      Our expenses put us in the negative by $80. But we are over the median for income. I would have rather been right under, but it is what it is now. LOL.

Now of course the attorney will have to give the thumbs up on our expenses, but he's already taken a quick look at what we have and said there were absolutely no red flags and that we have even put down some numbers that should come up a bit.

So, I want to believe that since we are barely over the median income and that our expenses put us in the negative territory, that we'll be in good shape. *Crossing Fingers*

Comment

best wishes, jem! you will be so relieved when this is filed and moreso as each "critical date" approaches and goes by! best wishes!

a fellow texan!

shel

filed pro-se 12/06/10 ; 341-01/11/11 ; Report of no distribution-01/12/11 ...tick tock

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X