I need help with schedule B, D, and J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with schedule B, D, and J

I will file a ch. 7 bk in Alaska pro se. I find the schedules confusing. I can not afford to keep my Honda Ridgeline, KBB $ 18,000 (fair condition cuz of dent). I owe $26,600. I think I do not list the payments on my schedule J because I will return it to lender. I have no idea what to list on schedule Di.e. value of property subject to lein? and Amount of Claim w.o deducting value of collateral? If I return truck before I file (like day or 2 before), is it still a secured loan?

Sounds like you need to get your hands on the most recent NOLO book. Your library may have a copy, or you can buy it here: http://www.nolo.com/products/how-to-...uptcy-HFB.html
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

how long befor the book arrives after it is ordered?

Comment

You can get the book immediately online. Do a Google search for "nolo coupons" too, as you should be able to find a coupon. The book will come in PDF form, if I'm not mistaken, so you can refer to it right there on your computer as you go through the forms.
        Last edited by free2breathe; 01-14-2011, 06:07 PM.
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Hi helpfulmom, and welcome!

Pro se is not as easy as it looks, get all the help you can get, take your time, get it right.

The NOLO book absolutely. Also go to the AK BK court, they have a section on "Filing without an attorney"

http://www.akb.uscourts.gov/ (if a link doesn't work, click the red button)

A little later you want to read the "Local Rules" These will be things the AK court does a little differently than other courts or the NOLO book

I think I do not list the payments on my schedule J because I will return it to lender. ...correct, but you will need to budget in some sort of car expense. Whatever is "reasonably anticipated"

I have no idea what to list on schedule Di.e. value of property subject to lein? and Amount of Claim w.o deducting value of collateral?

Value of property; property is the vehicle and KBB gave you the value. Amt of Claim is the balance of the loan.

If I return truck before I file (like day or 2 before), is it still a secured loan? ...still list it. It gets complicated otherwise...

Welcome aboard, lots of good folks to help out around here, keep posting questions!

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

great - thanks tcreegan - very easy to understand answer to my questions - 2 questions remain, Schedule D "unsecured portion, if any"? I think this is the KBB minus the remainder of loan which in this case is 0 as the truck is "under water." 2nd question is regards to Schedule B Personal Property item 25. auto etc. "current value of debtor's interest in property, w/o deducting any securred claim or exemption." I think this is the KBB. Am I right?

Comment

Hi again helpfulmom,

The usecured portion = loan balance minus KBB value You are right on the KBB value for Schedule B

Did you get the NOLO book?

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

yes, everyone is right. This is a great tool!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X