2010 Tax Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Tax Return

My husband and I filed on Oct 28th, Had our 341 Meeting on Dec 22 and joined the 60 day club. Our trustee abandon all assets including our 2010 tax refund. I probably already know the answer to this question, but was wondering when it would be safe to file our taxes? The OUST did request additional information on Dec 7 (before our 341 meeting) which we provided promptly within 2 days. At our 341 meeting the Trustee didn't ask any additional questions, so our lawyer didn't think we had anything to worry about. (We have yet to hear anything from them about the information we sent). I know we need to wait until the actual discharge but should we also wait until it is closed?

I'm wondering the same thing so I hope someone has some great information. My pacer shows a report of no distribution. I'm about 7 days away from discharge and nothing was said about our tax refund at the 341. We put an exemption up to 10,000 on it. I just figured we are safe since there was no objection. I plan to file the first week of Febuary.

Comment

If the trustee abandoned your 2010 refund, you can file your taxes as soon as you have your W-2s.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X