Disputing credit report foreclosure civil judgment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disputing credit report foreclosure civil judgment

Chapter 7 discharged and closed. Included home in bankruptcy, did not reaffirm. Walked away from property. State - PA which is judicial foreclosure. They have completed the foreclosure and the property went to sheriffs sale.

On my credit report, it now shows civil judgment for the foreclosure and states I owe 300k. Obviously I do not since this was IIB and not reaffirmed.

Disputed initially which came back verified.

Need to dispute again, but do I dispute with the credit reporting agencies or who? The original lender or the court house (I wouldn't even know how to do that). Who notifies credit bureaus of judgments?

Mostly, is this a violation of the bankruptcy protection since this shows I owe a large amount of money when in reality I do not and is there specific language regarding violation of bankruptcy code I can include.

Thank you all, you truly provide so much help!

Hi Phil,

The credit bureaus picked it up from public records. Two ways to go; getting the courthouse to alter its records or getting the credit bureaus to change theirs. The court clerk at the court where the judgement was entered might be able to help. Ask about a motion to vacate the judgement.

And while you're at it, take another run at the credit bureaus, their initial response is always "no" Threaten them with a violation of the BK injunction if they keep it on your report. Include a copy of your BK notice and discharge order. And keep after it...might take a dozen letters but they eventually come around.

Good luck w. this,

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X