Judgement payment coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgement payment coming up

We received a judgement against us last year. We've made all payments to date on time. This judgement is not garnished from our wages we pay it on our own. It was for a line of credit at Nebraska furniture mart. We will be filing bk in Feb. Do we make our payment on Jan 21 or not make the payment? I will have the judgement vacated in the bk.

If you know that you're filing next month, save the money and spend it on something you need.

Good luck.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Yes we will file as soon as we have our taxes done. We are just waiting for the rest of the documents. Once filed and we get our Rapid Refund thing back and spent down properly we will file. Which is what our lawyer told us to do. I generally do my own taxes he specifically told me to go to H and R Block and do the Rapid Refund.........I just thought of something though. This is considered a Refund anticipation loan is it not? Couldn't that fudge the whole thing up?

Comment

My attorney told me (and I don't know your situation or financials) that any money that you are paying to that creditor could throw you into a chapter 13. I wanted to pay on a loan I got on my wedding ring and he told me not only no, but He** no. Besides, if you are filing within the next few months, it is my experience that they will need a short while to get the garnishment going. You have time. I would not make that payment.

I am sorry but I have nothing as far as the rapid refund thing.
        Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Guess it doesn't matter. I had to buy books for our class I don't have an extra 125.00 and put propane in the propane tank which both are more important than sending money to someone who I am not going to pay off anyway. I almost paid them off they got all but $450 of their money which was all for warranty crap anyway.

Comment

Well done...
            No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Oh I have BIG BIG beef with this judgement anyway. It was a total SCREW JOB IMO. They sent me a letter stating we need x amount of money by such and such date. So I went online and made the payment on that day BUT it was after 5 pm so the payment was not processed till the next business day. A month later the sheriff is on my doorstep serving me papers. Seriously ugghhh whatever. I was so angry I mean really one day and technically I made the payment on the date wasn't my fault their system didn't process it till the next day. Oh well live and learn. Not a mistake I will make again!

Comment

Originally posted by pavlikclan View Post
                Oh I have BIG BIG beef with this judgement anyway. It was a total SCREW JOB IMO. They sent me a letter stating we need x amount of money by such and such date. So I went online and made the payment on that day BUT it was after 5 pm so the payment was not processed till the next business day. A month later the sheriff is on my doorstep serving me papers. Seriously ugghhh whatever. I was so angry I mean really one day and technically I made the payment on the date wasn't my fault their system didn't process it till the next day. Oh well live and learn. Not a mistake I will make again!
                Don't know the amount, but I would have sued back in small claims for their problem or at the hearing. A day late????? Come on is there not more to this? If not, screw them and use the money on ONLY necessities and/or exempt stuff. (like lawyer fees). You were taken advantage of as I see it. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Oh yeah it was crap. The payment was overdue so that is why they sent me the letter stating you must pay x amount by x date or we'll send this to a lawyer. Which I did. It processed the next day. When this was sent in for judgement we tried multiple times to contact them to no avail. My husband called their lawyers office personally and even pointed out that the payment was made that day and processed the very next day. She was totally rude said I can see that and nothing more. What's even more funny is when they actually sued us we were current! Whatever though they can kiss my butt as I will NEVER EVER do business with them again and I tell everyone I know not to do business with them as well. They are not like normal store lines of credit that are backed by a big bank or CC company they do their own in house financing so as soon as that letter goes out if you don't make the payment so it clears the date it says they sue immediately.

Comment

Oh and the original amount they sued for was like $1,200 dollars. It wasn't even some HUGE amount of money. I used it to purchase a laptop which was originally 800 ish or so and the warranty and some other things x mas stuff and the like. Had paid the line off in full a number of times prior to this happening. I had it paid down to like 800 dollars again about 6 months prior to them suing us and then the laptop crapped out and the warranty company replaced it so I had to buy a NEW warranty to go with the new laptop they gave me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X