Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status Update??

Hi

I had my 341 on 1.12.2011 - but the last status update and docket report shows dates of 12.30.2010 when I made my last payment. Does the trustee have to update PACER?

I had a pretty scary trustee, and had to return twice to provide paperwork (car title) in the second 341, on 12.29.2010 she talked about taking my tax refund and wanted my refund for the garnishment that was taken after I filed but never mentioned them on 1.12.11 - if she wants them would it show in PACER?

Oh and one last question - if my original 341 was 12.23.2010 but had two continuations ending on 1.12.2011 do I count the original date of 12.23 as my 341? I want to get my credit counsling completed this weekend - I would hate to do all this work and miss such a simple deadline.

Thanks everyone
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Your time starts on the first 341 meeting. As far as payments, are you an asset case? You mentioned your last payment. Normally your PACER file is updated by the bk clerks. You may wish to call the courthouse, have your docket number handy and the phone lead through will help you get to your case worker. Once you get the real person, ask. I suspect they are just backlogged as the bk rate is multiplying. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I can't help you with the 341 questions, but in my case, here in PA, I completed my financial management course before my 341 hearing, which my lawyer told me to do. In Pacer, before I completed the course, it was flagged as not completed, then once I got the cert., the next day, that flag was gone. I would check with your attorney to see if it is okay to take the course now so you don't miss the deadline, one less thing to worry about. I was originally under the assumption that I had to wait until after the 341.
      Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

Originally posted by csonly View Post
        I can't help you with the 341 questions, but in my case, here in PA, I completed my financial management course before my 341 hearing, which my lawyer told me to do. In Pacer, before I completed the course, it was flagged as not completed, then once I got the cert., the next day, that flag was gone. I would check with your attorney to see if it is okay to take the course now so you don't miss the deadline, one less thing to worry about. I was originally under the assumption that I had to wait until after the 341.
        There are two courses. The first is really to learn if you need or are qualified for a bk. It's more an assessment. The next course is very good and can be taken on the computer. Ours cost $35 and no extra charge for spouse (but you MUST tell them it is for both). Our course took about two hours and was very informative. We enjoyed it. They emailed our certificates and copies to the lawyer. It was posted on PACER within the day. It is any easy course but also entertaining. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The first course has to be taken before you file, which in my opinion was a waste of money, but we had to do it. So, with that said, it made me dread the second course, but, like Hub, we also got a lot out of the second course. I felt it was much more beneficial and very informative, making you think about your priorities and most of all, a budget and an "emergency fund." We walked away from that course with much more knowledge. We too enjoyed the second course very much. It also took us 2 hours to complete, they won't let you move onto the next section until you spend a certain amount of time in each section. Also paid $35 for both of us. In the first course, when they asked about expenses, I made a big typo and didn't even realize it. It was under the entertainment section, I put $750. I thought I was doomed, if someone saw I spent $750 a month on entertainment, they would think I was crazy, but when I called, I explained that to them and that was not a problem. At any rate, if you can, complete that second course as soon as you can. I don't procrastinate (unlike my husband), but one more thing checked off my list....made my day!!

Comment

Status Now Updated - Want to make sure I understand it correctly

Originally posted by DesdemonaB View Post
            Hi

I had my 341 on 1.12.2011 - but the last status update and docket report shows dates of 12.30.2010 when I made my last payment. Does the trustee have to update PACER?

I had a pretty scary trustee, and had to return twice to provide paperwork (car title) in the second 341, on 12.29.2010 she talked about taking my tax refund and wanted my refund for the garnishment that was taken after I filed but never mentioned them on 1.12.11 - if she wants them would it show in PACER?

Oh and one last question - if my original 341 was 12.23.2010 but had two continuations ending on 1.12.2011 do I count the original date of 12.23 as my 341? I want to get my credit counsling completed this weekend - I would hate to do all this work and miss such a simple deadline.

Thanks everyone

Oh a whim I decided to check PACER and I have an update under status it says
            Pending Status:
            Awaiting Discharge 1/18/2011 - 0 days - Chapter 7 Trustee's Inital Report

There is no document attached so I can't view this inital report correct?

So what I am waiting for now is "report of no distribution" correct?
            Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Your time starts on the first 341 meeting. As far as payments, are you an asset case? You mentioned your last payment. Normally your PACER file is updated by the bk clerks. You may wish to call the courthouse, have your docket number handy and the phone lead through will help you get to your case worker. Once you get the real person, ask. I suspect they are just backlogged as the bk rate is multiplying. 'Hub
              Payment: I am on a payment schedule for the 299 filing fee, I made a payment on 12.30.2010 - I am a no asset case, the only thing of value would be my 401K but I expemted that.

Comment

My Pacer showed pretty much the same right after my 341 meeting, the count went back to 0, awaiting discharge, but it also showed report of no distribution. There was a docket report with that same information but more details and the trustee asking to be discharged from my case as his work was done. I'm certainly no expert, but I think your 60 day clock just started, but again, I'm very new at this and just going from my personal experience.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X