Stress is mounting, wifey just had a seizure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stress is mounting, wifey just had a seizure

As the stress of our situation has mounted, my wife and I have had to get a doctor's help to try to remain functional and reduce our stress. Married for twenty five years my wife has epilepsy and has only had 3 seizures in that time. Always during periods of high stress, like we are struggling with right now. I go to bed and my poor wife has a seizure, off to the hospital emer room (which our zillion dollar deductable will surely not cover) and now my stress is yet higher still. This bk stuff is really overwhelming us, thank God that my wife is AOK and that this forum exists, we are much better off for having found this great site. Do I pay the crazy bill when they send it or do we wrap it into our bk when we are ready? How do medical bills work into a chap 7? Anyone? Buehler?
    Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Wrap the bill up in your bk7 when you file. How do medical bills work in a 7? They will magically disappear......
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks Super Frog, you made my day (while watching my wife recover in the emer room) and I will do just that!
      Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Comment

PushRestart - I totally empathize with you. Shortly before we filed I ended up in the hospital for 3 days with what the doctor's thought was a heart-attack. Thank God it wasn't, but it really put things into perspective for me. Bills are not worth dying over. Since filing, I've been less stressed that I've felt in a long time. I hope your wife recovers quickly and that the two of you can get through the BK process pain-free.
        Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Stress is a killer. Money is not everything. We get ourselves wound up as tight as a cork, but remember, to stop, breathe, and take care of yourself and your family.
          I have to tell myself this all the time. Music helps soothe my soul. Don't know if you like soft rock, but here's one of my favorite stress relieving songs. I just want to hop in the video and get a hug, too!

Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Thanks for posting this vid BrokeinMD. I need that song about now. The stress has really got a grip on me now.

About 15 years ago, my colleagues and I, at the time, used this song in this in a video we made about homeless kids were trying to help thru a small nonprofit. I need a little help now to keep me from being homeless so it was touching to hear this again from my perspective.
            Last edited by Memphisbelle; 01-19-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

It's a great tune, MemphisBelle, and Peter's (like I know him, LOL) music, even without seeing the video has always been able to calm me. Watching a 6 minute hug, though, along with it....Wow....When I start cranking Peter's music in the house, my other half knows that Paula is maxed out, and he stears clear of me! LOL!!!!
              Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X