Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Want to DELAY completion of PRE-DISCHARGE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT COURSE

PRE-DISCHARGE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT COURSE

Yes, I know course has to be completed before final discharge. I also know I can complete it even before my hearing. I am also aware that if I don't finish the course, my bk could be thrown out. That is NOT my question.

I would like to know how long I can stall-delay filing proof of finishing the course AFTER my bk has been approved.

Strange question I know as everyone is understandably anxious for final discharge. It may benefit me to drag out the final discharge longer. So again the question; how long can I reasonably drag my heels on completing the course without being in fear of getting my case dismissed? Would the Court notify me that I have X___ period of time to complete this requirement before tossing out my case?

Thanks for your input.

Check your courts local Bankruptcy Rules. The timeline has just changed so I don't know the number off hand, but the deadline already exists. The court will not send you a notice.

The thing is, what you are planning won't accomplish what you want (delay discharge). The deadline falls "before" discharge, anyway, so whether you file it 10 days before the deadline, or on the deadline, the discharge will happen at its normal time. Also, most courts are not that anal about the deadline, I have seen cases discharged when no Education Certificate was filed (but I have also seen them dismissed).

Nice try, but a non-starter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X