Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed on my own..need advice please

Hello to all,

I very stupidly attempted to file bk on my own 04/10. After 341 meeting, I was dismissed because I had failed to provide certificate, which I did right away when I learned it was missing. Now Today I call the BK court asking why almost a year later I have heard nothing and the clerk was suprised and said I was luck, the case should have been dismissed 06/28/10 for yet another certificate they said they never received which I immediately faxed to them. I then called the trustee and asked if I have to provide this years tax returns. He stated he was done with my file, determined no assets and a NDR report had been file so he did not need anything. Does this mean that I can keep my refund this year? or will they still intercept it?

PLease and thank you for any replies!

Hi rcoons,

I think the first thing you need to do is find out if your case was actually dismissed or not. If it was dismissed, I think you are going to have to file a motion to re-open it. If they just held the case open for you, it might actually be your lucky day.

If the trustee filed a NDR, they are not interested in your tax refund. Enjoy!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

rcoons, have you checked PACER to see what it says? I'm hoping that they were just ultra lenient because you filed pro se.
      If that's the case, you are very lucky
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

On docket today!

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hi rcoons,

I think the first thing you need to do is find out if your case was actually dismissed or not. If it was dismissed, I think you are going to have to file a motion to re-open it. If they just held the case open for you, it might actually be your lucky day.

If the trustee filed a NDR, they are not interested in your tax refund. Enjoy!

Tom in Colo
        I ran home from work, found the certificate faxed it and called! THe clerk said she was putting on docket to be dismissed that day! She also said it was unbelievable that I had not been dismissed 7 months ago as they print monthly reports and my name never showed up!!! I am so very lucky!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X