341 today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today!

Hi everyone! Haven't been around in a while, mostly because I've been super busy and you are all so efficient and helpful I had no questions. lol. Just been sitting back and waiting for my hearing today.

It was completely smooth, 3 minutes max. The set up was different than I've read here. We met our attorney in a "holding room" connected to the conference type room where the trustee was. She had a few other clients there along with a few other attorneys and their clients. Attorney went around answering questions, making sure everyone had all their paperwork (bank statements, social security card and ID) all handy and ready. I had no questions because I was so prepared and hubby and I just sat and watched all these people scrambling to get all their questions answered and paperwork together. First lady in our group who went in came out upset because she had nothing she was required to have. I don't get it, I received the required paperwork letter THREE times?! Anyway, hubby kept thanking me for being so organized. I was a little bummed we couldn't watch anyone else as I wanted to see the process before my turn. But oh well!

We went in and did the usual - state your name, did you read this and that, is everything true, why are we filing BK (I just said loss of income) etc etc. Then the question we feared the most about the overtime settlement money hubby received April 2010 ($19,000) was the first thing out of his mouth. How much did we get, when did we receive it and where did it go. As we were answering, my attorney whipped out the list I made of things we spent the money on (I was impressed she had it) and handed it to him. We had settled a former judgement of my husbands $6,000, got caught up on mortgage, got new tires and the rest went to pay bills since he took a huge pay cut. He said "ok" and then moved on. Asked me about my flipped car, asked for our bank statements (which he took 30 seconds to flip through and handed back to me) and then...what else. Oh yeah..ha ha...He asked if I was the beneficiary for anyone and I said "yes, my mom" and then looked at my attorney and said "I think". Trustee was a little confused and then my husband said "she's alive" and we all giggled, I guess I misunderstood the question. And that was it!

He was fast and obviously looking for assets, of which we have none. I answered all yes or no unless I needed to elaborate. Even when he asked why we were filing (twice) I just said "loss of income" even though there were MORE reasons...I just didn't want to ramble or sound like I was reaching. He seemed to accept income loss as good enough.

So my advice - BE PREPARED and read the paperwork your attorney (or court) gives you. If they say they want bank statements, have them! If they say they want your kitchen sink, have it!

So now, we wait
    Thanks to everyone here who answered my questions and put my mind at ease. I really appreciate this place and know that I owe it to you that I was calm and prepared today!!
    Last edited by jlynn275; 01-20-2011, 03:05 PM.

Yay!!! I am so very happy it went well for you!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

thank you! Once I see the no distribution on Pacer (fingers crossed) the biggest obstacle we face is how long til we have to move and if they will take my car even though I'm still making payments. I am keeping all my personal property out of it for a few months just in case. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jlynn275 View Post
        thank you! Once I see the no distribution on Pacer (fingers crossed) the biggest obstacle we face is how long til we have to move and if they will take my car even though I'm still making payments. I am keeping all my personal property out of it for a few months just in case. lol
        I hope you get a decent amount of time before you move. $ave, $ave, $ave!!

Ugh, the car thing is so scary, isn't it? We are still juggling the idea of reaffirmation for the peace of mind - I don't want to run to the window every time I hear an engine that *could be* a tow truck. LOL!

Congrats again!
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Congrats jlynn! Hope that No Distribution flag comes up quickly for you
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

What great advice about "loss of income" too. And he asked twice! Congrats, jlynn.
            There are two secrets for success in life:
            1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by debee View Post
              What great advice about "loss of income" too. And he asked twice! Congrats, jlynn.
              well glad to hear that because that was the only thing I felt a bit uneasy about and questioned after if I should have stated more reasons (medical expenses, increase commute, increase cc rates etc), but I know that if our income hadn't decreased we could have handled all the other. I assume it's all ok though since he didn't insist on more explanation.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Wow I asked this question months about if trustees ever asked the big question "Why are you filing" now I know..LOL

Glad worked out
                  "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

What a relief, huh? Glad it went well for you!
                    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                    New Job 7-2011

Comment

Congratulations! Time to move forward and upward!

Comment

"Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded. Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution" !!!!!

Comment

Way to go!!!!!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X