No asset case, my 2010 tax return safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No asset case, my 2010 tax return safe?

I should be getting back about 6000 in taxes, I was listed as a no asset case and
    "Filed & Entered: 12/16/2010
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution"

So is my tax money safe to come back to me?

Once you've received that report of no distribution, you should be safe. Our case was changed from no asset to asset when the trustee told us to send him our refund.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

So you hadn't had a report of no distribution? Just wonderin because you said he took yours and changed it, so wonderin whats stopping ours from doing the same

Comment

No, we never had the no distribution, sorry if that was confusing. I believe the default on PACER was no asset, but once we attended the 341 and the trustee made the determination to take our refund, he changed us to "asset". I would have loved to have seen that "no distribution", it's a very sweet thing to see!

Comment

I didn't really know what it was until reading this forum. Me and my wife had filed and have been waiting clueless and anxiously and so far luckily as all been great. Just scared of the whole car issue of ride through and hoping a couple months down the road or even a year after discharge going out and getting a different car and giving this one back.

Comment

Some people on this forum have been lucky enough to get decent rates within a year of discharge. It's definitely possible.

Comment

Well I'm happy with our current vehicle just not the rate or the lender. almost 19% interest and the company itself is rather shady. So hoping my credit union will do a good job after a while. They say they will look at me 2 months after discharge, I might go in and see what they offer but if its above 14% I'll wait. I'm hoping for at most 13, I know thats not great either but eh...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X