• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!!!!!!! my experience

Filed Ch.7 10/16/2010
    341 11/17/2010
    Discharged 1/19/2011

What an experience! I was nervouse the whole time. 341 went good and was only asked a couple of questions it lasted less than 5 minutes. I got questioned about some overtime I worked earlier in the year and was asked about my tax refund and that was it. Got my discharged paper in the mail today and what a relief it was getting that today. Now I'm still waiting to see if BofA is going to give me a modification that has been pending for over a year and a half now. Either way I feel like I have the upperhand with them now because I can just walk away and tell them they can take there home mod and just shove it. I'd like to thank everybody on this site because it has been and still is very useful for me. Thanks

Congrats!!
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations!! I am behind you by 23 days that we have left for objections. I am just trying not to think to much about it, and hope things will be ok. I can't wait to get the discharge, hopefully without any hiccups.
        Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
        DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

Tigerman- congrats!! It must feel great to be done with it all! Can I ask you more about your BofA situation? We have mortgage arrears and have been waiting since October to see if ALS will give us a modification. We currently have an ARM and would like them to just put us at a fixed 5% (our ARM is less than that right now!) and roll in the arrears. Everytime we turn around it's they need this paperwork or that paperwork. We are planning on filing BK probably late Feb. or March. Hoping we can do a Ch. 7 and it's looking more and more like we may be able to. I'm just wondering what to do about the mortgage arrears if we don't have a mod by then or are denied. Is it more of a bargaining chip if you are in a 7 to get the mortgage company to do a mod? Do you trade that for a reaffirmation? I was thinking if by the time we were getting closer to filing they hadn't decided on the mod or not, just to call them and work out some kind of a payment plan to roll the arrears into the life of the loan- that way we could have that worked out before we file. Our lawyer said if all else failed we could end up doing a Ch. 20. Anyway, if you feel like sharing/explaining more- that'd be great. Again congrats!

Comment

I was (and still) 3 months behind when we filed. The trustee asked if we were going to try and keep the house and I said that we were. My lawyer said this was something new because before you couldn't file a Ch.7 if you were behind unless you were not keeping the house. I've been hearing that they will want you to reaffirm with a mod. I wouldn't say its a bargaining chip but it does make it easier to say well I can walk away and not have to worry about the bank coming after me for any money. I will tell you this I'm damn sure not updating no more freaking salary and expenses like I've been having to do every 3 months. I'm letting nature take its course and just see what happens from this point on without calling or doing another damn thing in trying to contact them to see what progress is happening with the mod. I think the whole mod process is a freaking joke and I'm not doing anything else.

Comment

Congratulations on your fresh start. Enjoy!
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X