top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one year after being discharged summary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one year after being discharged summary!

All I can say is.....life is good. One year ago this month I was in pain. I thought my life was going to become a miserable existance. While I will admit right upfront it has not been easy. Easy was running up $100,000 in credit card debt. I have had to pay my way and make tough choices about what I can and can not do. I have learned about wants and needs. My work truck has 113,000 miles and the tires are bald. My wifes car has 155,000 miles and good tires. My kids are healthy and we are FINE.

Citibank has approved our home modification and we have just completed our trial period. We have knocked off $600 a month in interest payments and are set at 2.25% for the next five years with a final cap in 10 years at 4.50%.

We have found ourselves in a much more manageable situation.

I have established several lines of credit I use for fuel and pay off monthly.

Just last week after two years of no major purchases and thanks to Capitol One blank check we just bought a 2009 Honda Acoord. A fair interest rate for someone with a bankruptcy. So now we have a reliable ride to get us to work so we can make our pay. BTW I used to earn $150,000 a year. Now I bust my BUTT to make $65,000.00.

My wife makes the same so between us we are alive and well.

IF YOUR FILING FOR BANKRUPTCY HAVE COURAGE AND STRENGTH. YOU WILL BE OK.
    JUST BE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD LAWYER WHO HAS BEEN AROUND A GOOD LONG WHILE. 20 years at least. Respect goes a good long way..........
    Filed 9/14
    341 10/22/09
    Trustees report of no distribution 10/26
    Scheduled for discharge 12/22

Thanks for the post. Very encouraging!

Comment

Today must be the day for 1-year later posts. It's so good to hear from those who have walked this path ahead of us. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Wishing you continued happiness and much success.
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story with those of us who have yet to reach that milestone. I am grateful for this board and all the encouragement given no matter where you are in the process of bk.
        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Congrats on your year anniversary of being free. That is wonderful news and helps us all look on the bright side!! Unless you have mega kids, I assume you were over median when you filed. Any scutiny from the UST about this?
          Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. I have not actually filed but thinking about it. Fear of the unknown for the things to come is one reason holding me back as well as some other reasons. So its very helpful to hear your story.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X