Discharged (happy) not what abt the mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged (happy) not what abt the mortgage

We did not reaffirm the mortgage - sadly we moved into a house that we inherited. What do we do about the house we did not reaffirm the mortgage on? I hate to talk to CHASE - We are at the home everyday - checking everything - we are in California - if that makes any difference. Tried to get modified since Febr 2009. Have not received a NOD - I think because we made so much of a stink with our Senator - etc - but the truth is - the stress was taking its toll on us - I guess I should say thanks CHASE - we now use a credit union.

Hi kmmom,

You could look around for "we buy houses" "owner finance" "no banks" Call the number and ask if they are interested in buying the mortgage note. (This is not buying the property) If someone is interested, they will want/need a release from you to access the mortgage information from the lender. If they are serious, ask about a "cash for keys" program.

As always, read carefully before you sign anything, run it past an attorney if you can, check up on who you are dealing with, etc.

Just something I learned about recently from a nice realtor,

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X