Okay, Here's the plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, Here's the plan

Hey to all that knows my situation. I have decided to file my taxes on Monday and use the tax refund for my bankruptcy. I can't find anywhere to live because of my credit and I need somewhere really badly. I may have to live in a shelter for a while because my brothers ex really wants me out and he's not stopping her from coming back here. So, needless to say when I do get back on my feet, I won't ever see this family again. I'm changing my cell phone number, I'm taking them off my facebook page and I'm not telling them where I'm going. I have now become an only child. My brothers kids love me and I hate that they have to become casualties in this war, but it is what it is. It's kinda sad but my kids won't know his anymore and my sweet little niece just turned 6 so we will probably be quickly forgotten. I hope that I will be discharged in like 90 days after I file and life can begin again. This is crazy but it is real and I have to live it. I guess this will make me stronger somehow and I will never be in this position again. I still don't have a car for the same reason I don't have a place but that's okay I guess. Lessons learned. Hey, at least I don't cry anymore. I didn't go to the attorney's office like I should have.I still have anxiety about going. I couldn't find my 2009 taxes and felt kinda unprepared and stupid. Since I lost my house I don't know where any of those things are. I guess I can call the IRS and get a copy maybe they can do that. I will find out because that is what I am going to do with the refund if I get it. Go BK! I sound like a cheerleader for me. lol Thanks guys you have really gotten through to me about this BK thing and I feel alright right now and not so much like a loser. I thank God for you.

You can call the IRS at 800-908-9946 to get a transcript of your 2009 taxes. It takes them about 2 weeks to mail it to you. It is generally sufficient for bankruptcy. Good thing too, because a copy of your return costs $57.
    I'm sorry to hear about your family issues, and it is sad that the kids always end up getting the worst of it. However, you have to do what you have to do for you. In the future, your brother's children may decide to seek you out. My brother's children, whom we'd been estranged from for years, contacted us and we've developed great relationships with them years later. So don't lose hope
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Wow, Thanks for the number! One less thing I have to do. lol As far as my family goes, I hate the way things are turning out but we tried to get my brother not to marry this person but he did anyway and he's been catching hell ever since. He divorced her back in 07 and she says she doesn't care that he will always be her husband, period and she has a boyfriend. So I guess she has the best of all worlds. It's hard to make a ***** into a housewife. Well...That's his problem. At least I can walk away and not look back. I just hate it for the kids but like I said there will always be casualties and unfortunately it will most times be the kids. Her son says I have to go because ever since I showed up, her kids are liking me better than her. I don't see a problem I would love it if my kids were to get close to a relative like that. I live upstairs and she said they couldn't come up anymore and they cried so hard. Now they hang out at the bottom of the stairs and scream up to ask me what I'm doing. They are slowly sneaking back up. It doesn't bother me and I don't know why it brothers her. She doesn't even live here but now she says she wants my room and she can't live with another woman so I need to give her her space back. My Mother says that if I had never come here she would have been happy wherever she was doing whatever she do.

Comment

Do you have a local IRS office you can go to? I needed a copy of one of our tax returns last year. I just went to the local office and they printed one out for me right away. It was free. There was a very long line so it took a while. But, once it was my turn, it only took a few seconds.

Comment

I called the number right away and yes I can go pick it up and that works out great.

Comment

Moneyblues, glad you're head is reaching a better place. Keep you focused on you, and what you need to do for you and your children. The kharma train will take care of the rest of it. I received more help from strangers than blood, too. I just try to count my blessings for the saviors I have, and try not to think of the people who let me down. Keep your head up, and keep us posted! I know it's slow, but things will come together for you!
            Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement BrokeinMD I will do my best. I really appreciate all of you so much because it's because of you and others like you that help get clarity. What did people do before the internet...Thank God for it I couldn't imagine having to do this alone.

Comment

Man I wrote this long post and poof it disappeared...ok here I go again
                I have gone to about 7 consultations and the first one was the worst..I went in with all my paperwork, shaking and ready 2 puke..lol
                Turns out I was led into a small room with a young girl and a television set! What the heck? Some guy came on there from a different location. Now I'm talking to a flippin' t.v. not even a in person human being..talk about a cold feeling..I counldn't stop crying barely made any sense..BTW none of these guys have any kleenix (can they not afford a box?) so bring your own..
                It got better from there but each one I cried alittle less so I can so understand.
                You have to go...even if you feel frozen...YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOURSELF GO !!!!!! Can you hear me shout?? You have no choice...Please just do it and you will be soooo relieved after you do..they are just people, try to visualize these guys with no cloths on..they are just people just like you only they have important information that WILL take alot of the fear away honestly...
                I think the worst thing is fear of the unknown that gets us...
                Then go to a few more and the tears will lessen..and then you make your gain plan.
                I know men cry and get scared but us women seem to lose it more ....
                Even if your not ready to file start going to get the info..I haven't filed yet its been 2 years 4 months since I've stopped paying any cards. I couldn't of made it this far w/o going crazy if it wasn't for this board and going to the consults... Please take a friend and go the longer you put it off the scarier it becomes..
                Good luck sweetie...
                BTW I also own a salon its a skincare and I'm paying the rent alone and not doing a good job of it...I so know what your going thru...really glad you got your place filled..I just wish I can rent out one room..I would be soooo grateful...
                take care
                R2P

Comment

Thanks R2P I'm better now than I was last week. I think I have come to terms with it and have learned to embrace it. I file my taxes on Monday and so I know more about my direction after I complete that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X